This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awning for Romini

thinking of getting an OUTHOUSE driveaway awning. does anyone have one of these and are they any good for a Romini. I presently use a utility tent with the canopy attached to the roof using plastic hooks(which actually works).Pam I've just looked at the two pics side by side. I intended to try and drape the outhouse awning over the back of the van. But maybe it would foul the roof vent. Not so sure about the outhouse now.
    Last edited by pamsicle; 14-08-2010, 14:17. Reason: more to add

Hi Pam

We have a competition coming up to win a Movelite Outhouse awning, so if you can wait you never know you might be a winner.

See "competition corner" section of the forum.
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

My second attempt this. All my laborious one-finger typing seems to have evaporated into thin air (along with some pic's)!
      I have been very brave and bought ANOTHER unseen (drive away) awning from eBay. Not that I will "drive away", but with a central rear door I think it is the best bet for a Romini.
      I reckoned it might be easier to erect on my own, having a traditional type frame rather than bendy bits.
      It fits my Romini rather well except that the (zipped) hole at the back is off centre and consequently, so is my Romini. I don't think it would be difficult or costly to remedy that.
      It took about thirty minutes to sort out how it fitted together and erect it. I anticipate about fifteen minutes next time, but it was not windy today. I erected the frame first and the draped the rest over it.
      It is a Raleigh make, though I think they are no longer in business. However if one crops up in good order they are worth considering for Romini, and even some small motorhomes, operated Solo.
      Here are some pic's. You may not like it!
      Jim.
      Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

Romini awning

That looks really good. How is it attached to the back of the van. Did you just drape it over the roof or is there an awning rail attached.

Pam

Comment

Originally posted by Pam Park View Post
          That looks really good. How is it attached to the back of the van. Did you just drape it over the roof or is there an awning rail attached.

Pam
          The black piece visible is an elasticated strip which sits on the roof and is pegged down each side. It does not foul the sky light. It had slipped in the photos because nothing was pegged down. I just erected it and pushed the van into position. Of course the whole lot will be pegged in use to prevent it blowing away. It won't look so "wrinkly" then either.
          Jim.
          Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

Romini awning

I think that is what you do with the outhouse awning and it is held in place by pegging at the sides. Although the pic shows it attached to a van. It could well work on the back of a Romini. It need to be something I can put up by myself. It takes about 15 minutes to put up the utility tent. On another note. I'm taking the van over to the caravan place this morning to once again have the cooker checked as to why the grill won't light properly.

Pam

Comment

[QUOTE=Twolitre;9233]My second attempt this. All my laborious one-finger typing seems to have evaporated into thin air (along with some pic's)!

Hi Twolitre

Yes, I know what you mean.
              What I now do if I am typing a long reply, is to write it up on Microsoft Word and then put the photos on the Forum and lastly copy the report on to here. It's worked every time

By the way, I like the awning
              Mary
              :sunshine:

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
              Working...
              X