This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Romini awning

It may have taken me 40 minutes to get this up by myself(just need practice. But I'm very pleased with my awning(off ebay). Just hope I can manage to attach it to the back of the van without too much hassle.

Great Pam,
    It looks good. I think I saw this on eBay, but I "killed" it promptly without even reading the listing. I did not want to be tempted by another foray!
    As it happens, mine like yours, was within collecting distance. Having to pay carriage must be added, and considered to be, part of the purchase price to be realistic.
    The only problem with mine is that the "door hole" at the back is not in the middle. It means the "tunnel" strip at the back fits rather better one side than the other because the awning is not central to the van. Probably done to make a larger sleeping area on one side. This may be a normal feature of porch and driveway awnings? I need to modify mine to make it more satisfactory. I think the addition of another zip so I can roll the panel up will answer.
    I think the choice of a frame awning rather than bendy "sticks" is a good one for a soloer even though they are heavier.
    Good luck with it!
    Jim.
    Last edited by Twolitre; 19-08-2010, 12:12 PM. Reason: Addition.
    Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

Originally posted by Twolitre View Post
      Great Pam,
      It looks good. I think I saw this on eBay, but I "killed" it promptly without even reading the listing. I did not want to be tempted by another foray!
      As it happens, mine like yours, was within collecting distance. Having to pay carriage must be added, and considered to be, part of the purchase price to be realistic.
      The only problem with mine is that the "door hole" at the back is not in the middle. It means the "tunnel" strip at the back fits rather better one side than the other because the awning is not central to the van. Probably done to make a larger sleeping area on one side. This may be a normal feature of porch and driveway awnings? I need to modify mine to make it more satisfactory. I think the addition of another zip so I can roll the panel up will answer.
      I think the choice of a frame awning rather than bendy "sticks" is a good one for a soloer even though they are heavier.
      Good luck with it!
      Jim.
      the door is dead centre and even though the metal poles are heavier they only took 5 minutes to put together. the tricky bit is getting the awning in place. It came with curtains and a toilet inner and the skirt for the bottom of the van. The skirt is attached to the van by way of suction caps(never come across that method before). But I'm really pleased with it.

Pam

Comment

Forum pictures.

Hey Pam!
        Have you noticed that in the centre picture at the top of this Forum, there is a small motorhome connected to an awning that looks just like yours except for the colour? Jim.
        Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

Romini awning

You're right. It looks the same style. I don't know the name of the awning. There was no label anywhere.

Pam

Comment

Originally posted by Twolitre View Post
            Hey Pam!
            Have you noticed that in the centre picture at the top of this Forum, there is a small motorhome connected to an awning that looks just like yours except for the colour? Jim.
            I think that is Tim and Kris's van and awning who used to be on the forum and the picture was taken at the SMH meet at Devizes in 2007. They sold their van via the forum to someone else who joined the forum but there name escapes me and I don't think they come on the forum either now.

The awning was a Harrison, I think gadgetman has got one too they are specifically made for Romahomes, I think Ant sells them.
            Graham
            Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Ant most certainly does! and they are good awnings very well made and storm proof,although you might like to use a storm strap,I use two.Lots of light inside and they double your living space.yes they are heavy compared to nylon fabric and carbon fibre poles, but they are strong.
              Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment