This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Romini awning more pics

Couldn't wait to see how I managed to set up awning with van. A friend was nearby with a stop watch to see how long it took to set up. 20 minutes(although not pegged or anything and it was easy to drape it over the end of the van. I'm now more confident that I can manage this by myself when on a site.

looks good Pam, glad you are getting your confidence - there will be no stopping you soon!! Getting it set up in 20 minutes on your own is superb, I'm impressed.

When you are on site, if you do have any problems setting up, don't be afraid to ask for help, either fellow campers or the wardens, most will be more than willing to help.
    Why not have a look at my latest wildlife photos, habitat projects and general natural world related shenanigans? https://facebook.com/Watsonswildlife

Comment

Well done Pam - I agree - that's pretty quick! Lovely awning too.

Nice to have a pracice before you go out anywhere as you just know you are going to be a source of amusement! I put mine up in the garden first time, that's when I noticed some poles were missing... good job I did really!

Comment

Romini pics

Originally posted by jayjay View Post
        Well done Pam - I agree - that's pretty quick! Lovely awning too.

Nice to have a pracice before you go out anywhere as you just know you are going to be a source of amusement! I put mine up in the garden first time, that's when I noticed some poles were missing... good job I did really!
        It took me 40 minutes the first time in my back garden out of sight of other people. But last night on the front drive I broke my record. My friend was standing there with a stop watch(no kidding) and let me do it by myself. I was suprised when she told me 20 mins. Definitely good for the egoPam

Comment

Good work Pam. We hope to buy an awning from TwoLitre when at the Isle of Wight. So all at the Roma ralliers can watch the performance or assist as the case may be. I have vague memories of how to put up an awning attached to the caravan we used to have and it must have got easier over the years ??

Comment

Romini awning

Good luck with the awning on the IOW. I'm looking forward to getting away next week and trying out the awning properly. I know it's doubled my living space. Like to have gone to the IOW but it's a long way for me to go. I'll wait for a meet that is a bitter closer to me. Pam

Comment

Originally posted by Twinkletoes View Post
              Good work Pam. We hope to buy an awning from TwoLitre when at the Isle of Wight. So all at the Roma ralliers can watch the performance or assist as the case may be. I have vague memories of how to put up an awning attached to the caravan we used to have and it must have got easier over the years ??
              All packed and waiting for transport Alison! I've erected it once, but I am no expert. I'm sure there will be others there ready to demonstrate their prowess.
              By the way, it has no pegs with it. I believe they were omitted to reduce delivery carriage costs to me.
              Jim.
              Last edited by Twolitre; 28-08-2010, 21:11. Reason: Addition.
              Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

romini awning

Originally posted by Twolitre View Post
                All packed and waiting for transport Pam! I've erected it once, but I am no expert. I'm sure there will be others there ready to demonstrate their prowess.
                By the way, it has no pegs with it. I believe they were omitted to reduce delivery carriage costs to me.
                Jim.
                Are you taking the green awning that you showed pictures of. Is this it's first outing. I'm booking a 3 night stay at Proctors Stead farm just passed Alnwick (near Craster). It should take me about an hour to get there. going 31st to 3rd

Pam

Comment

Originally posted by Pam Park View Post
                  Are you taking the green awning that you showed pictures of. Is this it's first outing. I'm booking a 3 night stay at Proctors Stead farm just passed Alnwick (near Craster). It should take me about an hour to get there. going 31st to 3rd

Pam
                  No Pam, I bought an Outdoor Scenic without being able to try it first. It is rather too high for a Romini. I am hoping it suits Alison's outfit. Keep your fingers crossed for us (I could do with a National Lottery Smilie here!).

I took the green awning to Stafford. It was ok(ish) and I intended altering the access to the Romini to make it central in the awning rear. BUT. Having looked at yours and seen the same type on those Rominis at Stafford (as posted elsewhere) I think I am going to cut my losses (again) and find one like yours (you are causing me some trouble!).

Enjoy your break. The weather people say it is going to improve over the weekend. Here's a little extra sunshine just in case!

Jim.
                  Last edited by Twolitre; 28-08-2010, 12:51. Reason: Addition.

Comment

Romini awning

Thanks Jim. Weather looks good for Tues/Wed. No idea what Thursday will be like. British weather !
                    Pam
                    Keep looking for that awning. If I see one I'll let you know. I was really lucky to find one so close to home(although I used the TOMTOM to find the place) I am really pleased with it. I'm sure there's one out there with your name on(I'll keep my eyes open)
                    Last edited by pamsicle; 28-08-2010, 13:09. Reason: to add to

Comment

Pam,
                      Does your awning have a label saying what model/version it is? I have been searching the Internet, but do not really know what I am looking for except that it will fit a Romini and also whatever model the motorhome is in the picture at the top of the Forum.
                      Jim.

Comment

Romini awning

Hi Jim. I haven't come across a label yet. It has been mentioned it might be a Harrison standard awning(as opposed to the deluxe). Somewhere on the forum I came across some mention of awnings(maybe Ant) but another name was mentioned Kingsley or something. I think gadgetman has one(that was a thread I was following. He had added pictures. Can't remember which part of the forum I saw it on.If I find it i'll let you know.

Pam

Comment

Just seen your Harrison awning Pam, this is the type I like as they look so much nicer with an older style caravan....

What should I type in EBay to find one please. Is the Movelite going to be for weekends away?
                          MS.RoMiNi

Comment

Romini

Originally posted by Sobby 2711 View Post
                            Just seen your Harrison awning Pam, this is the type I like as they look so much nicer with an older style caravan....

What should I type in EBay to find one please. Is the Movelite going to be for weekends away?
                            Hi Sobby. I got mine off ebay it came under Romini awning or Romahome awning. They started to crop up regularly after I bought mine. I thought the movelite would be a bit lighter to handle by myself. Although I can put the other one up by myself, it is a really sturdy awning. I'll just have to see if I can win the movelite.

Pam

Comment

This awning would look good on my caravan, pity ts in Somerset

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/vw-camper-...9#ht_500wt_922
                              MS.RoMiNi

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X