This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solo Romini(how many bridges?)

Just back from first totally solo trip with Romini. Stayed at a great site a mile outside Craster. Took lots of photo's. Here's just a few. The question for one of the pics is "how many bridges in the picture"

Four. Do I win a prize?
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Romini how many bridges

Originally posted by Graham View Post
      Four. Do I win a prize?
      Wrong answer. No prize Graham. Can i ask why some of my posts get moved. Am I putting them in the wrong section

Pam

Comment

three? One you are standing on taking the picture, one arched with the street lights!! and a viaduct. ??????
        Jessie

Comment

Romini how many bridges

Originally posted by jessiem View Post
          three? One you are standing on taking the picture, one arched with the street lights!! and a viaduct. ??????
          Correct. I'll by you a drink if we ever end up on the same site together. Just in case anybody wondered. Th bridges were in Berwick upon Tweed.

Pam

Comment

Originally posted by Pam Park View Post
            Wrong answer. No prize Graham. Can i ask why some of my posts get moved. Am I putting them in the wrong section

Pam
            Hi Pam

Twolitre asked for a Romini section for Romini owners so that the posts weren't all over the forum, so I have created one and moved all the Romini posts into it.
            Graham
            Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Hi Pam

Twolitre asked for a Romini section for Romini owners so that the posts weren't all over the forum, so I have created one and moved all the Romini posts into it.
              Hi Pam, Sorry if I have messed up your postings. I have been interfering again.
              I wanted to win "the competition", but I was beaten to it. I was even going to "name that place", but you gave the game away. Do I get a prize for naming Worksworth Castle or Alnwick Castle We must have stood inthe same place to take pictures.
              Did you take a ride on the open top bus tour at Alnwick? We did and it was very interesting and FREE to bus pass holders.
              Jim.
              Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

romini how many bridges

Hi Jim. the two castles in the picture are Alnwick castle and Bamburgh Castle. Warkworth castle is further down the coast. I didn't do the Alnwick bus tour. I went into the water gardens and the castle. I didn't do the tree house(maybe some other time. which site did you stay at near Craster. THere was another site not far from where I was staying called Dunstan Hill. It was a caravan and camping club site. Just a couple of minutes up the road from where I was, not far from Embleton. Here is a pic of Bamburgh castle from the seaward side.PS Since I'm not a pensioner I would have had to pay. It had cost me £20 to get into the castle(call me mean)
                Last edited by pamsicle; 04-09-2010, 19:33. Reason: Romini

Comment

romini how many bridges

Hi Pam

thanks Graham I'd never noticed, that's why I kept sticking them under caravan chat.

Pam

Comment

Wow Pam - stunning photos! Must get over that way sometime next year! we'll have to have a meet at the C&CC site at Dunster Hill!

Comment

romini how many bridges

Originally posted by jayjay View Post
                      Wow Pam - stunning photos! Must get over that way sometime next year! we'll have to have a meet at the C&CC site at Dunster Hill!
                      Hi jayjay. Have you ever been up to my neck of the woods. there are lot's of castles around here(if you like that kind of thing). from the site I was staying on I could see the ruins of Dunstanburgh castle. A lot of folk like to go into Craster and then walk along the cliffs to Dunstanburgh. It's quite a sight.

Pam

Comment

Hi Pam,
                        Must be that memory thing again! We did completely circumnavigate "Bamburgh" castle on foot. Did you visit the Church there? There are some wonderful reminders of Grace Darling there. Well worth a look.
                        Like you I did turn up my nose at the cost of Alnwick Castle, but then I AM a pensioner and price for price the bus ride was much more attractive. Especially as the bus was a 1950s Bristol. Oh, how it struggled on the hills compared with modern buses!
                        I don't recall the name of the site we stayed on at Craster. Mainly because I decided that I would not use it again. I only stopped there because my friend had already made camping arrangements. The facilities were clean and adequate, but at £8 pp/n camping and £16 p/n for my Romini (just me) I thought it was expensive. The owner was making £32 per night out of the three of us.
                        Jim.

Comment

Romini how many bridges

Originally posted by Twolitre View Post
                          Hi Pam,
                          Must be that memory thing again! We did completely circumnavigate "Bamburgh" castle on foot. Did you visit the Church there? There are some wonderful reminders of Grace Darling there. Well worth a look.
                          Like you I did turn up my nose at the cost of Alnwick Castle, but then I AM a pensioner and price for price the bus ride was much more attractive. Especially as the bus was a 1950s Bristol. Oh, how it struggled on the hills compared with modern buses!
                          I don't recall the name of the site we stayed on at Craster. Mainly because I decided that I would not use it again. I only stopped there because my friend had already made camping arrangements. The facilities were clean and adequate, but at £8 pp/n camping and £16 p/n for my Romini (just me) I thought it was expensive. The owner was making £32 per night out of the three of us.
                          Jim.
                          Hi Jim. The site I stayed at was Proctors Stead Farm and it cost me £16 per night as well. I wonder if it was the same place. There was a pub a short walk away called the Cottage Inn. On leaving the site you turned right and then a 100 yards or so later you turned left and followed the road into Craster. the owner was a man who travelled everywhere on his bike showing caravanners where to go(he wore a cloth cap). I'm not a member of any caravan clubs. wonder if it's worth joining for next year.

Pam

Comment

Sounds like "SNAP" to me Pam.
                            There were nasty potholes just before the entrance. I hit one hard and snapped a luggage rack bracket on my car. The turn in was up the right hand side of the bungalow and quite steep.
                            I am a member of the Caravan and Camping Club. I swapped from the Caravan Club because there are sometimes advantages for soloers. Their Temporary Holiday Sites are well worth using. Some are rather basic, but they are generally cheap and usually very very friendly, being run by volunteers from the Club. I reckon the permanent sites are just as good unless you want "plumbed in everything" (at great expense).
                            There are recent posts on here airing members views about the two Clubs.
                            Jim.

Comment

romini how many bridges

Originally posted by Twolitre View Post
                              Sounds like "SNAP" to me Pam.
                              There were nasty potholes just before the entrance. I hit one hard and snapped a luggage rack bracket on my car. The turn in was up the right hand side of the bungalow and quite steep.
                              I am a member of the Caravan and Camping Club. I swapped from the Caravan Club because there are sometimes advantages for soloers. Their Temporary Holiday Sites are well worth using. Some are rather basic, but they are generally cheap and usually very very friendly, being run by volunteers from the Club. I reckon the permanent sites are just as good unless you want "plumbed in everything" (at great expense).
                              There are recent posts on here airing members views about the two Clubs.
                              Jim.
                              Hi Jim. Don't remember any potholes. As I got within yards of the site my tom tom told me I had reached my destination. So I turned left up the drive, only to find it was a private drive what a performance getting the van back out. But I managed. Just to be absolutely sure we are on the same site. There is a flagpole with union jack flag opposite the site entrance and the part of the site I was on (opposite the toilet block) are some very high hedges about 15 feet or so which is where thepigeons lived.
                              I'll check out about the camping and caravan club etc but rather too late in the year to join now.

Pam

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X