As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Romini how do I fix this

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Romini how do I fix this

The two small screws which attach one of the hinges to the cupboard door(under the table) have become loose. The other part of the hinge attached to the van are pop riveted. I can't get in to tighten the screws because of the awkward angle. will I have to drill out the pop rivets to get at the srews(and then re-rivet or use a self tapping scew). The door is loose when you open it and I suppose eventually it will come away from the hinge.

Pam

FIXED IT. since I only had clearance of about an inch from the floor to the base of the door. I used a screw bit, which was about an inch long eased it into the screw head and turn the bit with a pair of pliers and wallah. The screws tightened back up.
    Last edited by pamsicle; 05-09-2010, 18:59. Reason: add to message

Originally posted by Pam Park View Post
    The two small screws which attach one of the hinges to the cupboard door(under the table) have become loose. The other part of the hinge attached to the van are pop riveted. I can't get in to tighten the screws because of the awkward angle. will I have to drill out the pop rivets to get at the srews(and then re-rivet or use a self tapping scew). The door is loose when you open it and I suppose eventually it will come away from the hinge.

Pam

FIXED IT. since I only had clearance of about an inch from the floor to the base of the door. I used a screw bit, which was about an inch long eased it into the screw head and turn the bit with a pair of pliers and wallah. The screws tightened back up.
    Yup, necessity IS the mother of invention!
    Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian STOCKLEY View Post
      Yup, necessity IS the mother of invention!
      There is a saying "use the right tool for the job"!
      After a lifetime repairing motor cars (and lots of other things) I have often found that there is often no proper tool for the job without prior major dismantling or massive expenditure for a special tool for a "one off" job.
      Consequently I must be an authority on successfully using "wrong" or home made tools. And I make no apologies for doing so.
      It is amazing what can be achieved with a little ingenuity!
      Well done Pam!!!!!
      Jim.
      P.S. I DO HAVE angled screw drivers which would have done the job, but tracking down and buying one to tighten two screws would have been a waste of time and money for you Pam. Probably as you would never need the tool again.
      Last edited by Twolitre; 07-09-2010, 08:04. Reason: Addition.
      Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
      Working...
      X