This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Romini tow bar?

My Fiat Panda is about to be replaced with a Rav4(with no tow bar yet. I get the impression looking around the net, that I might have a problem with the door of the Rav, fouling the tow ball. Does anyone on here use a Rav4 to tow and advise about a tow bar.

Pam

Thats a fair step away from a panda!! I've recently gone the other way, I traded a big estate in to buy a panda!

I haven't got/had/heard from anyone who has towed with a rav4 but i suppose you could overcome the problem with the rear door hitting the towball by having a removable towball fitted. It wouldn't be much use for the times you are towing and need to get in the back door but for the rest of the time it would solve the problem. Detachable towballs are more expensive though
    Why not have a look at my latest wildlife photos, habitat projects and general natural world related shenanigans? https://facebook.com/Watsonswildlife

Comment

romini towbar

Originally posted by glenw View Post
      Thats a fair step away from a panda!! I've recently gone the other way, I traded a big estate in to buy a panda!

I haven't got/had/heard from anyone who has towed with a rav4 but i suppose you could overcome the problem with the rear door hitting the towball by having a removable towball fitted. It wouldn't be much use for the times you are towing and need to get in the back door but for the rest of the time it would solve the problem. Detachable towballs are more expensive though
      I don't do things by half. That was a giant leap. But back to the tow bar. I checked out some Ravs on ebay to see if they had tow bars fitted(some did). Not all of them looked like the swan neck detachable. I know you can get fixed ones. It shouldn't be a problem getting into the back. I got the 5 door version. 2 litre GX so I could go in the side. But knowing me I'd probably try to get in the back and ding the door. I'll post photo's when I get it and probably contact the firm who fitted the one to my Fiat to see what they have to say. It doesn't have to have a tow bar fitted right away. I'm in no hurry.

Pam

Comment

Originally posted by Pam Park View Post
        My Fiat Panda is about to be replaced with a Rav4(with no tow bar yet. I get the impression looking around the net, that I might have a problem with the door of the Rav, fouling the tow ball. Does anyone on here use a Rav4 to tow and advise about a tow bar.

Pam
        Hi Pam,
        I can't comment on the likelihood or otherwise of the rear door fouling the towball on a Rav, but some tow bars are available with quickly detachable towballs. Does that help? Or it may be possible to fit a "drop plate".
        Jim.
        P.S. Sorry Pam, somehow I picked up your original post, but not the earlier replies than mine.I see you were already aware of detachable tow balls.
        Last edited by Twolitre; 09-09-2010, 09:04. Reason: P.S.
        Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
        Working...
        X