Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Romini Caravan

Hi All

After dipping our toes with our first caravan, a Romini, we're now considering selling it to help finance a small motorhome. Does anyone have any idea what we could expect to get for it? We bought it just over a year ago for £2,300.

Thanks

Gerry

Horses for courses ....

It's all about condition and style, some folk will value original unrestored but well maintained condition more than modernised, resprayed and reupholstered in modern fabrics (and vice-versa). I sold an original 'stretched' LS model 18 months ago that was well used and functional but in need of a little TLC for £1700. Vans stored in sheds for the greater part of their lives will have GRP in good condition, those that have always been out in the weather may have crazed Gel coat. Lightly used vans will have fewer knocks, bangs and cracks. I'd say that a smart Romini could make £2300. If you could put some photos up here I'm sure wiser heads than mine would give you good advice.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Jim: Agreed, location is significant, we are seriously north of the border (it's 250 miles S to Glasgow!) and we had zero response to adverts up here. It happened that we had to be in the Midlands for 2 months refurbishing a house, so we took it down and used it as our bolt-hole at the end of each working day, then left it there for our daughter who occupies the house to sell for us. It would never have sold up here.
    Last edited by mikeroch; 25-04-2015, 09:16. Reason: add note to Jim

Comment

Mike,
      I remember thinking that I thought your (larger and later) Romini was cheaper than I expected. On balance, though it is more of an impression than proven fact. But it seems to me that caravan values do vary depending on the sale point.
      Could it be that the potential market "North of the Border" is smaller than in the South of Britain?
      JimW.
      Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

I think that there may well be less demand for the longer models. I saw mine on ebay but couldn't get to it before the auction ended. It didn't sell so I contacted the seller and arranged to view it. It was the same price as Mike sold his for (has been on ebay for more) which seems to be less than most of the smaller ones sell for.

Comment

Is this the best place to advertise?

Comment

Originally posted by gerrydoorstop View Post
            Is this the best place to advertise?
            A PM (private message - via this forum) to Graham might be a good move.

I think you will perhaps have to accept a little less than you paid for ypur Romini. But they do sell well and this is the time (Spring) to sell.
            There are a couple on ebay at the moment which might be worth watching for a guide.
            Click the link below to keep an eye on them.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_fr...ravan&_sacat=0

JimW.
            Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

ok thanks for the advice.

Comment

The lowest price one (at the moment) looks in very good nick, very tidy....

Comment

Intereseted

Hi Gerry
                  Fancy putting a few pics on?
                  Or pm me I might be interested.
                  Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Big Rich View Post
                    Hi Gerry Fancy putting a few pics on? Or pm me I might be interested. Cheers
                    It will be advertised on our site as soon as Gerry sends me some pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
                    Graham
                    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Originally posted by Big Rich View Post
                      Hi Gerry Fancy putting a few pics on? Or pm me I might be interested. Cheers
                      The Romini is now on our website including pictures.

http://www.smallmotorhome.co.uk/roma...i-caravan.html

Graham
                      Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Originally posted by Graham View Post
                        The Romini is now on our website including pictures.

http://www.smallmotorhome.co.uk/roma...i-caravan.html

Go on Jim, get a spare !!

Comment