Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Romini front screen

Hi I've been referring my romini, I've renewed axle complete with brakes
    But I have a front window leak, does any one know where I can get a new screen or screen rubber
    Also the fleck covering interior roof looks in poor condition any ideas how to renew this.
    I've just had all the seats and pelmets re- upholstered and don't want to fit them till window leak is fixed as paid £450 to have upholstery done

Search the Forum for posts by Pamsicle or alternatively send her a private message (PM) via this forum.
    She must be the forum expert in tittivating Romini interiors.
    Jim.
    Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

Front screen

Originally posted by Bryju View Post
      But I have a front window leak, does any one know where I can get a new screen or screen rubber
      Also the fleck covering interior roof looks in poor condition any ideas how to renew this.
      I've just had all the seats and pelmets re- upholstered and don't want to fit them till window leak is fixed as paid £450 to have upholstery done
      I bought front window seals from Seals Direct cost approx £30(several years ago) and caravan repair man fitted it for me. If you want to do it yourself, there is a special tool needed(available from seals direct) for putting the centre rubber in.
      Thanks for the recommendation Jim
      Pam

Comment

Romini front screenBryju

Originally posted by Bryju View Post
        Bryju. Could you tell me what your Romini production number is(found near top hinge of door) so that I can add to Romini owners list.

Thanks
        Pam

Comment

Hi, I need to replace front window on my Romini. Can anyone advise where I could get a replacement and fitting? Is it a special size? The rim appears to be the worse for the heat and the rubber needs replacing.

Comment

Hello John and welcome to the site

Comment

Originally posted by John Bennison View Post
              Hi, I need to replace front window on my Romini. Can anyone advise where I could get a replacement and fitting? Is it a special size? The rim appears to be the worse for the heat and the rubber needs replacing.
              Does the window itself need replacing or just the seal. If it’s just the seals, go to seals direct, would be about £30 for seals and a special tool to insert the filler seal.
              If you need the window replacing there is a firm who can make a mold from your original window, which is curved and not easy to source a second hand one. I got a second hand side window off ebay, but it took me 8 years to find one. The firm is EECO if you want to check out their website.

ALSO. could you give me the number of your Romini. It should be stamped on yhe inside of your top door hinge it should start with a 7 then a two figure number starting with an 8 ie 86 and the last number will be the production number. See the post I Have a Romini, to see all the known numbers so far.
              Pam

eeco-ltd.co.uk
              Last edited by pamsicle; 06-07-2018, 09:24 AM.

Comment

I had a new window made for my Romini by EECO, made a very nice job of it.

Send them your old one and they take a mould of it, they arranged collection and delivery.

Comment

Hi thanks for reply.
                  My window definitely needs seals and I think crack started inside about three inches, maybe heat related. I will enquirer seals and have posted enquiry to Eeco
                  My number is 78 60 85 in three rows of two.

Comment

I will add you to the list. You say the numbers are in 3 rows of two. But usually the number will read 7 86 085. See other numbers in th I have a Romini lonk.

Pam

Comment

Hello Pam I’m not sure if I’m doing this right as I have only just joined the forum having recently bought my Rimini van which I’ve named Arfur for Arfurcaravan.
                      i too have a leaky front window so reading the posts has been really helpful.
                      my other problem is my skylight leaks a little. I notice this is pot rivitted. Any ideas how I can fix or where I could acquire a replacement? Thank you in advance Wendy S.

Comment

Originally posted by Wendy simes View Post
                        Hello Pam I’m not sure if I’m doing this right as I have only just joined the forum having recently bought my Rimini van which I’ve named Arfur for Arfurcaravan.
                        my other problem is my skylight leaks a little. I notice this is pot rivitted. Any ideas how I can fix or where I could acquire a replacement? Thank you in advance Wendy S.
                        Love the name of your van Wendy Welcome

Comment

Originally posted by Wendy simes View Post
                          Hi Wendy. I had my skylight replaced by my local caravan place, who I ordered the Fiamma skylight from as well. You can by Fiamma skylights on ebay if you know what size you want. I’ll try and find my link https://community.smallmotorhome.co....of-vent-wanted

They had measured the opening wrong and the rooflight was too big, so they had to make the hole bigger. But it all wirked out.

Pam

Comment

Thank you for info Pam - you seem to be the oracle with regard to Rominis.
                            may I ask what area you are from if that is allowed. Just wondering if your local caravan place is local to me too.
                            By the way the code on my Romini is 786 071. Have you any idea how many still exist?

Comment

Hi Wendy I come from Northumberland not too far from Scottish border.I will add your number to the list of Romini’s on this forum. You can check out the list in the Romini section under the heading of, I have a Romini.

Pam

Comment