Romini 60S/1 living in Porthcawl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi All i have a ROMINI 60S/1 had ARFUR for nearly 10 years he got his name because my friend say he looks like half a loaf of bread.
    I have not used ARFUR for some time and he needs some TLC . I have had several offers to buy him over the years and declined them all.
    I have looking for serial number but a bit confused plate on tow hitch says 60s/1 manufacture date 1986.
    I would be very reluctant to sell ARFUR but want to see him used and loved for longer.

Hi all BAPSURF here i am the proud owner of ARFUR i have been searching for his serial number is it on the plate riveted to tow hitch? if so mine says 60s/1 manufacture date 1986.

Comment

Hello and welcome to the SM forums!

Are you planning to update Arfur and go off for some holidays? Can't help with the ID, but someone will be along shortly to let you know about the serial number.

Comment

Romini60S/1

Not familiar with this number.
        Could you tell me if there is a serial number stamped on the hinge of your rear door, as I am keeping a list of Romini owners. See thread I HAVE A ROMINI.

Pam

Comment

It sounds as if you have an updated and probably longer than the original Rominis which were made by Island Plastics. If you search this web for Romini much will be revealed. I am sorry but the name of the fellow who built the modified ones escapes me at the moment.
          Though the Identification markings used by Island Plastics has been discussed much on here (their markings stamped on the top door hinge and only visible with the door open) I do not recall any discussion about identity markings on the later ones. The markings on the drawbar of any Romini apart from weight are likely to relate to the Alco Chassis.
          Jim.
          Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

Arfur serial number

Originally posted by pamsicle View Post
            Not familiar with this number.
            Could you tell me if there is a serial number stamped on the hinge of your rear door, as I am keeping a list of Romini owners. See thread I HAVE A ROMINI.

Pam
            Hi Pam found numbers on hinge
            Hope you can help id arfur.
            Cheers 😀😀

Comment

Originally posted by bapsurf View Post
              Hi Pam found numbers on hinge
              Hope you can help id arfur.
              Cheers 😀😀
              Hi The 71 is curious. The number is usually 7 by itself. 87 is the year and you are number 75. My number is 7 86 114. Nobody knows what the 7 means and we have tried to find out. I will now add you to the Romini list.

Pam

Comment

The 60S/1 is the serial number for the Alco towhitch fitted to the Romini's for anybody wondering what this number relates to

Comment