This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Romini window stay

I've taken the 2 remaining window stays from my Romini since they weren't working properly. Does anyone know what the 'H" shaped plastic thing is called. It should be about half an inch longer with a ratchet end but both are broken although it is still possible to lock the window open. The H shape slides into the inner arm and the hole in the middle is what you screw the locking knob into. Just wondered what they were called and if I can buy some anywhere

Pam

Originally posted by Pam Park View Post
    I've taken the 2 remaining window stays from my Romini since they weren't working properly. Does anyone know what the 'H" shaped plastic thing is called. It should be about half an inch longer with a ratchet end but both are broken although it is still possible to lock the window open. The H shape slides into the inner arm and the hole in the middle is what you screw the locking knob into. Just wondered what they were called and if I can buy some anywhere

Pam
    Sorry I can't help with your query Pam, but these are very different to mine. Mine has the ubiquitous all metal "clicky" ones which click into one of the chosen opening positions and are released by opening the window slightly more.
    Are yours original or replacements? Of course Island Plastics could have changed the type during the production run. Ones like mine are still available in differing lengths, but changing yours might be an expensive option.
    Good luck with finding what you require. Maybe "Ask Ant" might produce a result.
    Jim.
    Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

Romini window stays

The caravan came with these. 2 looked alright but all that was left of the remaining 2 was the round bit attatched to the window. I have now taken them all out and put a 11mm clear hole blanking cap in. It actually looks nice. It's hard to find window retainers which have a round window fixing. what does yours look like. I'm quite happy to leave the window stays out. They were both right handed ones.

Have you got your awning yet.

Pam

Comment

You could try emailing the chap here:
        http://caravan-window-stay.co.uk/

he's very helpful and if he can't help himself, he might know someone who can.

Comment

Hi Pam,
          It seems that not only are your window stays different to mine - so are the windows.
          I imagine Island Plastics must have changed suppliers somewhere along the line.
          I have posted pictures of mine. Not that it will help other than you will at least be aware there are at least two different types.

Not got the Awning yet. Still waiting.
          Regards Jim.

Comment

window stays

Blimey! you're right. they look nothing like mine. I wonder how many other variety of window stays there are on Romini's. I think you did mention though that your van is later than mine. Here are pics of the window stay opened and closed the left hand side is what would be attached to the window. I also bought a window cling stained glass which I put on door window just for a bit of decoration.

Pam

Comment

I DO like that back window. Very snobby!
              You also appear to have stainless or Faux Chrome edging too.
              Jim.
              Last edited by Twolitre; 29-03-2011, 22:03.

Comment

window stays

Thanks. There is no chrome trim. It's probably just glare off the flash.

Pam

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                Working...
                X