Romini caravan cover

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Romini caravan cover

Have washed the Romini and with the help of my brother I put on the new horse box cover. I knew it would be too big, but it's better than nothing. The size might be more suitable for an eriba puck, just in case anyone is interested. It has two doors at the front(meant for wedge shaped horse box. but I turned it around so that the doors would be at the back, so if needed, I could get into Romini.

It only. took a few minutes with the both of us,one either side standing on a step ladder at the front and lifting it over. I will be able to remove it by myself. Will see how it hold out this winter.

Pam
    Attached Files
    Last edited by pamsicle; 12-09-2017, 12:33 PM.

It's looking good, Pam! The one I have for my tiny caravan looks much the same!

Comment

Think it looks fine,

Pat

Comment

The effort of putting it on will be well rewarded in the spring when you remove it and see a sparkly van underneath!
        The trouble with a hotel is that it tends to stay in one place.

Comment

Originally posted by gasgas View Post
          The effort of putting it on will be well rewarded in the spring when you remove it and see a sparkly van underneath!
          Apart from the dust! Caravan covers are breathable (I hope yours is, Pam!), which unfortunately means that some of the dust goes through them as well! They keep the weather off though. I developed a leak on a window once, and didn't notice as it was behind the curtain, needless to say, it was raining in for most of the winter... I only just discovered it in time. Since then, cover on, just in case, over the winter.

Comment

The rain was lashing down all night. So I picked the right time to put the cover on. We didn't have the winds that some of the country have,and it's stayed put. The test will be a really windy day, but as an extra precaution I do have an awning storm strap, i could use.

Pam

Comment

I bought the identical product, my Romini is an LS, so a couple of feet longer, but the cover is still a bit large, but works great

Comment

There's definitely a market for smaller covers for our smaller vans and caravans. I wish someone would make something the right size!

Comment

Originally posted by jayjay View Post
                  There's definitely a market for smaller covers for our smaller vans and caravans. I wish someone would make something the right size!
                  I agree. Since your Kip is longer than my Romini, a horse trailer cover, might be a better fit. The smallest seems to be 12-14ft, although I believe there might be a 10ft one around. Not everyone tows a 22ft gin palace. Apologies if there is anyone on here with a 22ft gin palace.
                  Pam

Comment

Mine's a 22ft beer palace. I spent so much on the van I can't afford Gin!

Comment

There are several waterproof breathable cover manufacturers which make them to fit your palace, gin or horse or otherwise. They advertise in MMM and will be at the NEC show in October. I guess they will be more expensive than the general sized ones made in China of course.

Comment

There are several waterproof breathable cover manufacturers which make them to fit your palace, gin or horse or otherwise. They advertise in MMM and will be at the NEC show in October. I guess they will be more expensive than the general sized ones made in China of course.
                        I got a quote from protec to make one for my Romini, a few years ago. £250.

Pam

Comment

how much was the horse box one? I thought anything to do with horses was indefensibly expensive, like anything to do with boats.

Comment

how much was the horse box one? I thought anything to do with horses was indefensibly expensive, like anything to do with boats.
                            https://www.leisureoutlet.com/horseb...-trailer-cover

Comment

I got it brand new on ebay for £50. Usually they are £30 to £50 more.

Pam

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only

Collapse

320x50 mobile only under posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X