This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

romini mystery cleared up

Hi folks, had message on ebay about my romini and how it came about as below.

Dear neil71alan,

Hi, I have just seen your listing and would like to give you a little extra info. I made your caravan. It was a stretched version of the Romini and I redesigned it to have a shower/toilet full height wardrobe and much larger sink unit. Yours is one of about a dozen made. I purchased the Romini moulds etc from Island Plastics in 1989 but before I could get into what would be described as full production Maggie caused mayhem, interest rates hit the roof, house prices halved and the whole project collapsed through lack of finance. Hope this is of interest. L Collier

That is fascinating, I can't help but think that it would have been a really good venture had it not been at the wrong time.
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

I agree, I wonder if there would be any chance of setting up again for him? I'm sure in today's economic climate a lot of people would be looking for something like this to holiday in.

Comment

I agree I think there would be a definite market for very lightweight virtually damp-proof caravans
        Regards, Robinjim.

Comment

Originally posted by neily71 View Post
          Hi folks, had message on ebay about my romini and how it came about as below.

Dear neil71alan,

Hi, I have just seen your listing and would like to give you a little extra info. I made your caravan. It was a stretched version of the Romini and I redesigned it to have a shower/toilet full height wardrobe and much larger sink unit. Yours is one of about a dozen made. I purchased the Romini moulds etc from Island Plastics in 1989 but before I could get into what would be described as full production Maggie caused mayhem, interest rates hit the roof, house prices halved and the whole project collapsed through lack of finance. Hope this is of interest. L Collier
          Hello L Collier, Sad news, sorry to hear of same. Were the side windows in "your model" the same as Island Plastic's 'Romini' model? if so could you remeber who supplied same please, as I am sure there are more Romini owners than I who would love to know? (that is if they were off the peg, so to speak) I do not wish to to sound callous on the subject, but if you do not ask etc., Best regards to you and yours. seagrub

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
          Working...
          X