As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Didn't Get The Romini

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Didn't Get The Romini

Well I bid for it. But not enough. So the silver Romini with toilet compartment went to some other deserving soul. Pipped at the post by £50. Maybe the next one that comes along (probably sometime never). Maybe whoever bought it will join the forum (if they are not already here).

I did find an old advert for one (2008) on UK Campsites but that will be long gone. so there must still be some de luxe ones out there (with or without ) toilet compartment.

Well I'll just have to STOP looking for one and then 4 will come along all at once.

Pam

hope you aren't too disappointed. obviously not meant to be.
    Regards, Robinjim.

Comment

didn't get the romini

Originally posted by Robin View Post
      hope you aren't too disappointed. obviously not meant to be.
      I already have a Romini (pic of it in Romini section) it would have been nice to have the bigger one, even though I was not sure about the silver colour. I'd prefer one in the original colours. another one may turn up at the right price.

Pam

Comment

Hi Pam

The chap who made the silver Romini with toilet and shower compartment has been in touch with me (in fact I think he is member of this forum) and apparently he bought the rights and moulds from Island Plastics (later to become Romahome) and made a few of the vans including the stretched version with toilet and shower, before going out of business, so there are a few about, maybe you will see another one come up for sale soon.
        Graham
        Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

didn't get the romini

Originally posted by Graham View Post
          Hi Pam

The chap who made the silver Romini with toilet and shower compartment has been in touch with me (in fact I think he is member of this forum) and apparently he bought the rights and moulds from Island Plastics (later to become Romahome) and made a few of the vans including the stretched version with toilet and shower, before going out of business, so there are a few about, maybe you will see another one come up for sale soon.
          Are there 3 types of Romini about? a) the normal size b)the deluxe model and c) the deluxe model with toilet compartment. Be interested in the answer
          Pam

Comment

Originally posted by Pam Park View Post
            Are there 3 types of Romini about? a) the normal size b)the deluxe model and c) the deluxe model with toilet compartment. Be interested in the answer
            Pam
            The one I posted a picture of when I was at Stafford did not have a toilet compartment Pam. Instead the the seats were long enough to be single berths (which some people on ebay seem to think are "births" ) they could also, with conventional use of the table, be turned into a king size bed.
            Maybe there are three versions.
            Jim.
            Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

Hi I am the proud new owner of the romini with toilet compartment, yes i pipped you at the post by £50. Wont apologise though, it was my dream come true. I have had a romini for many years now and have always said if only it had a loo so i was thrilled when i came across one on ebay. Still dancing now

Comment

They seem to be popping up all over the place at the moment. There is another on ebay now;
                http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2-Berth-Romini...item43a7161273
                looks in good condition too!
                Regards, Robinjim.

Comment

Originally posted by pluto123 View Post
                  Hi I am the proud new owner of the romini with toilet compartment, yes i pipped you at the post by £50. Wont apologise though, it was my dream come true. I have had a romini for many years now and have always said if only it had a loo so i was thrilled when i came across one on ebay. Still dancing now
                  Congratulations on your new romini,I hope we see you at one of our meets you are very welcome.What will you do with your "original" romini?
                  Happy camping.
                  Ian
                  Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

the one on ebay now is up to £2800.00
                    Regards, Robinjim.

Comment

romini

It finally sold for £3100.

Pam

Comment

Originally posted by Ian STOCKLEY View Post
                        Congratulations on your new romini,I hope we see you at one of our meets you are very welcome.What will you do with your "original" romini?
                        Happy camping.
                        Ian
                        Hi Ian, I am still debating what to do with my original romini, would love to keep it but finances are saying something different. Undecided but you may see it on ebay soon, they are getting good prices.

Comment

romini numbers

Hi Pluto
                          Re the hinge numbers you can't find on the silver Romini. If you have an original Romini as well there should be hinge numbers on that one.

Pam

Comment

As other posts have revealed, the longer Rominis were not produced by Island Plastics. Quite probably the maker of these longer (revamped?) ones
                            was not aware of the numbering, or chose not to bother?
                            Jim.
                            Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X