As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Halt whistle disasters so far

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Halt whistle disasters so far

Have arrived at Haltwhistle. Took me an hour. The A69 is a scenic route.
    Arrived at campsitento be told that electricity was off and not sure when it would come back on.

Gotncaravan set up ok and then started on the awning. As I pulled some of the poles out of the bag stabbed myself in the big toe and started bleeding all over the grass Not sure where the first aid kit was, I went and asked a couple not far away for an Elastoplast which they Gladly provided. Now back to the awning.

Once the awning was up t nought I,d try out a new windbreak I'd bought. However gave up trying tp put it up and decided to have a cuppa and something to eat.
    Got the kettle boiled and went to open a tin of salmon with my new tin opener, bought just for the caravan. 20 minutes later, still not got the tin open couldn't get the darned thing to work.Finally broke into the tin
    with a knife and got my sandwich made.
    Thought I'd sit in the awning to have my lunch. I'd just put my cup on the table where my chair collapsedeven now my hip(which I must have
    jarred) is still aching.

As I type this there is an almighty roar and now it's tossing it down.

But I'm loving it. Just wonder what is going to happen next.

Pam

oh Pam! just think - it can only get better!

It made me laugh the way you said it though, I just couldn't help it!

If it makes you feel any better I usually manage to prang myself on something and spend every holiday with a plaster on me somewhere!

(or my knees give out and I've got tubigrip on them)

Comment

Ouch! Let's hope you've used up all your bad luck and the rest of the trip is a breeze

If it's any consolation, when I was away a couple of weeks ago, within the first 24 hours I think I managed to find every sharp edge there was in the 'van with my fingers. At least it gave me a chance to use those plasters I bought
      Neil

Comment

Well your disasters made us smile (sorry )

Like JayJay says it can only get better - here's hoping the day improved.

Meow is the time to chill with my cat =^..^=

Comment

I'm sorry, I've just had a good - it's the way you described your disasters. I just visualised you attacking the tin - reminded me of a corned beef tin disaster! Hope everything is now calm. You know what they say " disasters first then it'll be all right on the night". Hope you enjoy your next bit of the freedom life. Ann

Comment

Is your hip ok today - I hope it's just bruised.

Comment

haltwhistle

My hip is fine. I took some ibuprofen.
              My second day did not start well. I thought I'd use a fleece blanket instead of a sheet on the bed. A RED fleece blanket. So now my new upholstery looks like it has a contagious disease as there are patch of fleecy fluff everywhere. I will just have to Hoover it off when I get home.

Went over to Alston in Cumbria this morning(I think it is known as the highest Market town in the country) Got chatting to some locals in the pub who were trying to do some newspaper quiz. I think I gor half a question right. But it killed an hour. Started to head for Brampton in Cumbriamand somehow managed to get to Hexham instead. Oh well. Will see what tomorrow brings.Maybe head for Hadrians Wall.

Pam

Comment

Glad your hip is ok.

If you have a bit of sellotape or duck tape in the van, you could try that with the fleece bits! Just keep sticking it onto the fabric and pulling off, the bits should come off with it. Works for dog hair!

Cor I'd love to see Hadrian's Wall! Enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by jayjay View Post
                  Glad your hip is ok.

If you have a bit of sellotape or duck tape in the van, you could try that with the fleece bits! Just keep sticking it onto the fabric and pulling off, the bits should come off with it. Works for dog hair!

Cor I'd love to see Hadrian's Wall! Enjoy!
                  I,ll do lot,s of pics. I am sending this from the little chef on the A69 between Hexham and Haltwhistle. My wifi data ran out last night and the site wifi was weekly not daily like I thought. So I found the little chef with free wifi, ordered a maple syrup pancake and tea and then I was good to go.

I,ve had a great day at the roman museum and Vindolanda fort. There will be a better report and pics when I get back.

I'd definitely do it again. Be prepared fro lot's of pics

Pam

Comment

Sounds good! I hope the weather was ok. It's going to be really cold here over the next few days and with a lot of showers. Looks like it's coming your way!

Comment

Haltwhistle

Originally posted by jayjay View Post
                      Sounds good! I hope the weather was ok. It's going to be really cold here over the next few days and with a lot of showers. Looks like it's coming your way!
                      Nope. Already got it. It's rained everyday. But the sun comes out now and then and then it rains again. Typical British weather that we all know and love.

I'll be heading home tomorrow and downloading the photo's which I can't do with the iPad because I haven't got a camera connection kit yet.
                      I certainly enjoyed myself today. So if you ever want to visit the Roman Wall jay jay, just let me know.
                      Pam

Comment

Vindolandra, love that place. Just wish I could do some work there. So interesting. We were there a couple of years ago and I had to be dragged away.

Comment

Come to East Anglia if you want dry weather! We have had no rain here (other than the odd spot or two) for months now.

The farmers have been irrigating for weeks now! Keeps on like this and I can see hosepipe bans will be back in the summer!

Due for the odd few showers tomorrow I think.

Dave
                          SteamyDave http://www.steamydave.co.uk/campervan
                          "If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."

Comment

haltwhistle

Originally posted by pendel View Post
                            Vindolandra, love that place. Just wish I could do some work there. So interesting. We were there a couple of years ago and I had to be dragged away.
                            Well if you want to pay £50 for two weeks work. I'm sure they would love to have you as long as you are physically fit that is.

Pam

Comment

Originally posted by steamydave View Post
                              Come to East Anglia if you want dry weather! We have had no rain here (other than the odd spot or two) for months now.

The farmers have been irrigating for weeks now! Keeps on like this and I can see hosepipe bans will be back in the summer!

Due for the odd few showers tomorrow I think.

Dave
                              Yes we were at Sandringham C&CC Site last weekend and the ground was very dry a lot of dead grass etc. We had a few spots of rain during Saturday night but nothing substantial.
                              Graham
                              Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X