As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

lytham Viking camping cooker for Romini

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lytham Viking camping cooker for Romini

There is a Lytham Viking cooker for sale on eBay. Does this cooker have similar workings to the EXPLORER that is in the Romini caravans. If so I might buy it for spares.

Pam
    Last edited by pamsicle; 14-05-2011, 15:58.

Is it this one, Pam? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Original-Lytha...item35b21385b7

It looks very similar, I'd ask them if they could send you some more photos, just to be sure.

Comment

Lytham

Originally posted by jayjay View Post
      Is it this one, Pam? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Original-Lytha...item35b21385b7

It looks very similar, I'd ask them if they could send you some more photos, just to be sure.
      I didn't see that one jayjay. Here is the one I meant. Pam

Comment

I would ask the seller for dimensions Pam.
        If they are the same or less than yours it should pipe straight in with no problems. Assuming it is in good working order, but I dont think you can rely on parts being interchangeable with the Explorer..

It always amazes me that people could easily add so much more to descriptions to make a sale. They seem to think only people very familiar with the item are likely to be interested.

It certainly looks good and probably about the same size as yours (and mine).
        Jim.
        Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

Is this the same Pam?
          I looked for the one you found and could only come up with this. The picture background is certainly different.
          If you enter this ID into the ebay search box it should come up.
          Jim.
          By the way, did you use your old grill unit? I cannot remember exactly what I sent you. The Explorer I cannibalised had the same problem so I don't think I would have sent it. Though the problem could have been with the jet in the manifold I sent. That never occured to me then. Replacing that jet with your original jet may cure it.
          Last edited by Twolitre; 14-05-2011, 17:54.

Comment

Lytham

Originally posted by Twolitre View Post
            I would ask the seller for dimensions Pam.
            If they are the same or less than yours it should pipe straight in with no problems. Assuming it is in good working order, but I dont think you can rely on parts being interchangeable with the Explorer..

It always amazes me that people could easily add so much more to descriptions to make a sale. They seem to think only people very familiar with the item are likely to be interested.

It certainly looks good and probably about the same size as yours (and mine).
            Jim.
            There are 2 up on ebay at the moment. In fact a couple of weeks ago there was a Lytham explorer. Pity i missed that one. I've put a bid on the viking anyway. If not suitable for spares I can always use as is. It just shows though that the Explorer still turns up, although how long it will be before another one arrives, is anybodies guess.

pam

Pam

Comment

Lytham

Originally posted by Twolitre View Post
              Is this the same Pam?
              I looked for the one you found and could only come up with this. The picture background is certainly different.
              If you enter this ID into the ebay search box it should come up.
              Jim.
              By the way, did you use your old grill unit? I cannot remember exactly what I sent you. The Explorer I cannibalised had the same problem so I don't think I would have sent it.
              No that's the other one Jim. The one I bid on has two pics. The one on here and the other pic shows the original box.tem number: 180664107689

Pam

Comment

My last post seems to have lost a bit Pam.
                The manifold I sent you was out of the Explorer on which the grill "flared up". It only just occured to me that the grill jet in the manifold I sent could be the problem. If you still have your old manifold it might be worth changing the jet.
                Jim.

Comment

Lytham

Last year when you sent me the bits off the explorer I gave them to the chap at the caravan place to use. But I don't think he used everything or he didn't need everything so it's till in the garage. I'll go and check what I have.

Pam
                  This is what I gave to Darren at the caravan place. Now I think about it I think he managed to sort everything. I know bothe the burners work fine. But the grill still flames. although my gas bottle is nearly empty, so I don't know if that makes a difference.
                  Last edited by pamsicle; 14-05-2011, 18:15. Reason: add picture

Comment

That photo has jogged my memory Pam. That tube along the bottom is the manifold. The silver hexagon in the middle is where the grill control should be with the jet in it. So that manifold is the one I removed from my hob on which the grill control had been removed and sealed off. Which means your fitter must have replaced the missing valve and jet from your hob. So there can be no connection between the unit I received and your burning problem.
                    The little "pip" on each of the valves in the pic. at the opposite end to the knob spindle is a jet. the grill valve will have one too. Which might need cleaning of replacing.
                    Sorry for chucking red herrings around! Forgive me! My age you know!
                    Jim.
                    Last edited by Twolitre; 14-05-2011, 21:21. Reason: Extra bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Pam Park View Post
                      But the grill still flames. although my gas bottle is nearly empty, so I don't know if that makes a difference.
                      That was the only time that mine flamed up, was when my gaz bottle was nearly empty. I was just about to sell the roma and had ppl coming to see it as well!

I wanted to demonstrate that all was working, and was having a trial run, just to make sure everything was working before they arrived. I lit the grill and the flame shot out of the gap at the top like a little camp fire!

I'm glad I had a spare, because as soon as I fitted the new bottle on, it was fine - no flare and lovely glowing grill mesh. I told the new owners that it would happen when the gaz bottle got nearly empty.

Try it with a new bottle of gas/gaz and see if it's any better. Could be that simple to fix.

Comment

Romini grill

Originally posted by jayjay View Post
                        That was the only time that mine flamed up, was when my gaz bottle was nearly empty. I was just about to sell the roma and had ppl coming to see it as well!

I wanted to demonstrate that all was working, and was having a trial run, just to make sure everything was working before they arrived. I lit the grill and the flame shot out of the gap at the top like a little camp fire!

I'm glad I had a spare, because as soon as I fitted the new bottle on, it was fine - no flare and lovely glowing grill mesh. I told the new owners that it would happen when the gaz bottle got nearly empty.

Try it with a new bottle of gas/gaz and see if it's any better. Could be that simple to fix.
                        Actually jayjay I'll go and do that now as I have a new gas bottle and see if it makes a difference. It really was obvious that the flame was coming out of the top and the grill mesh was not fully red. Pam

Comment

Let us know how you get on - good luck with it and fingers crossed here!

By the way - you can still heat a kettle on the top when the grill is on, flaring or not!

Comment

romini grill

OK I've put on a new gas bottle. Initially on lighting the 2 burners they seemed a bit weak, as if they were nearly out. The grill lit up. No flame coming out of the top[ though and then the grill blew itself out.
                            It did this several times but now both rings have a healthy flame in normal position the grill does not blow itself out. See pics for grill in low position and high position. The grill mesh is hardly red.

Pam

Comment

Originally posted by Pam Park View Post
                              OK I've put on a new gas bottle. Initially on lighting the 2 burners they seemed a bit weak, as if they were nearly out. The grill lit up. No flame coming out of the top[ though and then the grill blew itself out.
                              It did this several times but now both rings have a healthy flame in normal position the grill does not blow itself out. See pics for grill in low position and high position. The grill mesh is hardly red.

Pam
                              It usually takes a while for the gas to come through properly, hence the blow outs when you first change the gas bottle. If you leave the grill on for approx 5 minutes, you might find the grill mesh gets progressively redder towards the outer edges - it needs to warm up a bit so give it a chance, they are not like kitchen grills that are red all over from the start - nor are they as effective! LOL.

The outer edges of mine never seemed to reach glowing, but after a bit of waiting, it did used to glow about half to 3/4s of the way to the edges of the mesh.

If there is now no flare up at 'top, I'd say it's working ok now. Camping cooker grills are rarely if ever as effective as kitchen cooker grills.

For your bacon I'd try raising the grill pan nearer the flames with something. I used to use a tin plate upside down to put the grill pan onto. Eventually I gave up and used a frying pan!

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X