As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Romini numbers

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Romini numbers

Is anyone keeping tabs on how many Romini owners are on the forum. Plus their door hinge numbers?
    Wouldmbe nice to know. Maybe one day we'll get the full set. Oh and whereabouts in the country the Romini's are. I'm just curious.

Pam
    Last edited by pamsicle; 24-05-2011, 22:21.

I believe Colin (Niloc) is recording everything he comes across about Rominis. He's probably not ready to "publish" yet.
    Jim.
    Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

What are these door hinge numbers???

Comment

Originally posted by pluto123 View Post
        What are these door hinge numbers???
        Just inspected my door hinges and cant see any numbers?????

Comment

Yours wasn't made by Island Plastics so it may well not have a number, it was made by someone who bought the moulds from Island Plastics and made a larger version but they sadly went out of business when a recession kicked in. There is a thread on here somewhere about it, I will try to find it.
          Graham
          Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Found the thread here: http://www.smallmotorhome.co.uk/foru...ghlight=romini

Your Romini is a bit of a unique version, one of only about a dozen made.
            Graham
            Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Romini numbers

The numbers on my van are on the top hinge. They also appear on the A frame by the handbrake and on my windows(although the windows may well be a personal thing done by the previous owner). If there are no numbers on the hinge, maybe the door has been changed.
              Maybe some other Romini owner on here knows the answer.
              Pam

Comment

My numbers are in groups of three either side if the hinge pin.
                At Moreton I had a discussion about the date part
                I was told that the three numbers (786 on yours) were the month and year. Yet all those I have looked at seem to have a 7 first. They must have made a lot in July! Or, as I think Niloc told me, that number indicates a succession of significant changes/updates over the years.
                Jim.

Comment

Romini

Hi there..
                  I had a lovely Romini for 9 years and Sold it on Monday for 2,300 with fridge, hook up etc.
                  It was in mint condition but I've just bought a Romahome camper now

Comment

production numbers and year manufacturer date

Hi new to the forum, just bought romini, interested in the year manufacturer,
                    I can't find any numbers on the door but found a 7 digit on the A frame which
                    is 1509807 could this be july 1989 number 150 of 200 prouduced it would
                    cofirm what the seller told me that the van is 89 year I live in the north of
                    Scotland Ian.

Originally posted by Pam Park View Post
                    The numbers on my van are on the top hinge. They also appear on the A frame by the handbrake and on my windows(although the windows may well be a personal thing done by the previous owner). If there are no numbers on the hinge, maybe the door has been changed.
                    Maybe some other Romini owner on here knows the answer.
                    Pam

Comment

Here is a picture of my Romini top hinge (obviously less well looked after than Pam's ).

I thought this meant made in 1988 and number 199 produced. Probably wrongly anyway. Many seem to start with 7 so I have discounted that unless it means the 7th variant.

I can find no number on my drawbar.

I still think Niloc is the person most likely to know.

Jim.

Comment

Originally posted by Mazdaman239 View Post
                        Hi new to the forum, just bought romini, interested in the year manufacturer,
                        I can't find any numbers on the door but found a 7 digit on the A frame which
                        is 1509807 could this be july 1989 number 150 of 200 prouduced it would
                        cofirm what the seller told me that the van is 89 year I live in the north of
                        Scotland Ian.
                        Hi Sounds like your van may be a collier design model as he placed numbers on A frame not on door hinges, if this is the case they were made in 1990 after he purchased moulds from island plastics. If it is a collier model you will prob find there are a few differences. I own two of collier design models and hope to get some pics on soon, this may help

Comment

romini numbers

If you look on top off the wardrobe door (above the sink) the number should also be there!:

Comment

Originally posted by jonee4 View Post
                            If you look on top off the wardrobe door (above the sink) the number should also be there!:
                            Mine aint!
                            My doors are edged with the iron on type tape. Original fitment I believe on my model and which would probably not show stamped numbers. And in any case could have been renewed very easily if damaged. I have actually replaced the top edging on one door myself in minutes. It is impossible to tell.
                            Jim.

Comment

Romini numbers

Originally posted by Twolitre View Post
                              Mine aint!
                              My doors are edged with the iron on type tape. Original fitment I believe on my model and which would probably not show stamped numbers. And in any case could have been renewed very easily if damaged. I have actually replaced the top edging on one door myself in minutes. It is impossible to tell.
                              Jim.
                              I have'nt seen any numbers on door above sink. But i have numbers on door frame as shown i. pic above. On A frame and my windows are also etched(but that may be a personal preference from a previous owner)

Pam

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X