This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Caravan Insurance. (totally gobsmacked)

I have just had a letter not 5 minutes ago from the company who I am insuring my caravan with. The insurance is due for renewal on August 1st.
    Here is what they have written to me!!!

As you are aware your policy is due for renewal on 1st August 2011. I note from out records that the inured caravan was manufactured in 1986.

Having considered the age of the insured caravan, it is with sincere regret that I have to inform you that we will ne unable to offer renewal on your insurance policy....... Your policy will be terminated with effect from 1st August 2011.
    Just in case anyone else with a Romini is trying to get insurance don,t bother going to e&l insurance

Pam

The issue could well be that the caravan is 15 years old - unfortunately that seems to be a popular cut-off point with insurance companies for caravans (mobile and static), particularly when insured new-for-old.

Edit - no, hang on, yours is 25 years old! Sorry...Friday brain fade...
    Last edited by 1_man_and_his_dob(lo); 10-06-2011, 14:08.
    Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Pam Park View Post
      I have just had a letter not 5 minutes ago from the company who I am insuring my caravan with. The insurance is due for renewal on August 1st.
      Here is what they have written to me!!!

As you are aware your policy is due for renewal on 1st August 2011. I note from out records that the inured caravan was manufactured in 1986.

Having considered the age of the insured caravan, it is with sincere regret that I have to inform you that we will ne unable to offer renewal on your insurance policy....... Your policy will be terminated with effect from 1st August 2011.
      Just in case anyone else with a Romini is trying to get insurance don,t bother going to e&l insurance

Pam
      Pam, have a look at this link to the "old Classic Car Forum". My van is a little younger than yours so I have not met the problem.
      However it seems many people have. You might find an answer here. Particularly the last post.

http://www.oldclassiccar.co.uk/forum...pic.php?t=3699

Jim.
      Last edited by Twolitre; 10-06-2011, 14:37.
      Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

A bit more Pam.
        I still have the ebay listing for the Romini which sold recently for £3,100.
        Just in case I meet your problem and have to go for AGREED VALUE insurance, I have printed a copy off as evidence of current value.
        Might I suggest you do the same? If you have deleted it the ID no. 290566050419 typed in the search box should bring it up.
        I have agreed value insurance already on my car and motorbikes because values are not listed anywhere as they are for modern vehicles and it saves arguments about value. Jim.
        Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

insurance

Thanks Jim
          I still have the listing for the Romini that sold for 3100. I'll print it off.

Pam

Comment

I have a friend with a 20 year old Gobur caravan and he has it insured with Scenic insurance part of the Swinton group

Peter

Comment

I am fairly sure the C&CC insure old vans
              Regards, Robinjim.

Comment