As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Repeating Romini.

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Repeating Romini.

What is going on with these Romini caravans?

This one which apparently sold for £3,100 on ebay on the 25th of May has re-appeared with the same seller name. Only to be ended (terminated?) today.
    The item number is 290576411433 .
    Are people bidding for them and then finding they are not what they thought? I did think though, that once you had put in the highest bid for whatever, you were stuck with it unless mis-leadingly described.
    Jim.
    Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Originally posted by Twolitre View Post

This one which apparently sold for £3,100 on ebay on the 25th of May has re-appeared with the same seller name. Only to be ended (terminated?) today.
    Are people bidding for them and then finding they are not what they thought? I did think though, that once you had put in the highest bid for whatever, you were stuck with it unless mis-leadingly described.
    Jim.
    The seller does say at the end of the description....
    'The caravan has been listed due to a ANOTHER timewaster!!!'

The 'timewaster' might have turned up with the money after all, what with all these bank holidays, it can take longer than one thinks to transfer money between accounts.

Or, this time around, someone might just have made a very good offer and persuaded them to stop the auction. It can often be a difficult call......

We sell on Ebay as part of our business and have a rule never to stop an auction once it has started - not everyone is as scrupulous and we are often approached with various tempting offers! Last week I listed a little piece of pottery with a starting bid of £4.50 and within 5 minutes of the auction starting someone offered me £75 if I stopped the auction. I was very tempted and thought it a good offer but declined and let the auction run. Fortunately the dish made just under £100
    Last edited by Vanderella; 13-06-2011, 20:51.
    Mary

Comment

Sorry Mary, I should have read the description before sounding off. Trouble is that I naively tend to trust people to honour obligations.
      I sold a motorbike on ebay and was sorely tempted by an offer. In the end the bike sold for £400 more than I was offered or expected.
      I do sell on ebay, but not as a business and almost every time there are suggestions to sell outside ebay.
      I get annoyed.
      Jim.
      Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

I hate it too - but it is what it is! Every week I vow to give it up and concentrate on other mediums (Amazon is much more relaxed and pleasant).

But Ebay does reach a very wide audience and is great for selling niche items ..............it attracts a very mixed bunch of buyers and sellers including some good and honest people (I think)
        Mary

Comment

Originally posted by Twolitre View Post

Jim.
          I saw that, and wondered if someone bidding had been carried away and later regretted paying so much for it.

some ppl buy the collectable vans just to resell. The Kip I bought fell into that bracket, and the chap who had bought it knew nothing about it really, and had pinched half of the description from another one which had come up earlier on Ebay. I could have sued him over that!

I had this trouble when I sold my Roma demountable on fleabay - a lady in London got carried away and hit the buy it now button, then reneged on the deal. That cost me £12, and I also had to relist using the 'timewaster' clause!

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
          Working...
          X