As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Romini cooker no good

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Romini cooker no good

A few weeks ago i won a lytham Explorer cooker on ebay. It's the same model that is in my Romini. However when I got it i realised that the fitting at the back were for a hose not a pipe fitting. So consequently no good. My own fault for not checking with seller what the back looked like. I suppose it'll come in for spare parts. It's probably in working order but I can't check it since it's fitted with a propane regulator and I only have butane gas cylinder. I should really learn to check things out before jumping in with both feet. Oh wellPam

can you show us a photo of the back? It might just be a standard gas fitting that is missing.

Peter

Comment

romini cooker

the pipe you can see underneath is the same as on the cooker I have in the van. But it bend and then exits through the small hole not the large one.

Pam

Comment

Have you got a friendly plumber/gas fitter. He should be able to modify the pipe for you, otherwise if you want to swap stoves swap the pipe over

Comment

Pam, I looked back on the Forum and found the photo of the bits I sent you, to check. Phew - took some finding!
          The flexible hose goes to the pipe which leads to the manifold and which is not detachable.
          However, there must be a hose nipple on the "new" one to connect the hose. It should be no trouble for a registered gas fitter (as I think is required by Law) to remove the nipple and extend the pipe to fit as you need it. If you still have the old bits to even attach the shaped bit from those.
          I would certainly not write it off as "no good".
          Jim.
          Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

Romini cooker

You're right what you say. The cooker is good but not the way it is set up at the moment. I could take it to a gas fitter I suppose. But I'll probably just keep using the one already in the van. Of course if something goes seriously wrong with the one installed in the Romini, I'll at least have something to fall back on, since these cookers are no longer made.

Pam

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
            Working...
            X