As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting ready

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting ready

Just pottering around this morning getting stuff ready for my outing to Beal tomorrow. Everything is laid out on the garage floor to make sure I have everything. I'm not taking the awningnas the weather looks a bit iffy for the next few days. So I'll take my utility tent and some wind breakers. Much easier to set up. My first time on a temp site with no facilities so I hope I have everything. Although I usually forget something. I've even checked out the crossing times to get to Holy Island.

Pam

Enjoy your trip, Pam. My motto when packing is, if I've forgotten something I'll either make do or if it's an essential like the wine for the fridge then I can always buy when I'm away!!

Di.

Comment

Originally posted by di allen View Post
      Enjoy your trip, Pam. My motto when packing is, if I've forgotten something I'll either make do or if it's an essential like the wine for the fridge then I can always buy when I'm away!!

Di.
      That raises an interesting question.
      I wonder what is the most essential item for people?
      Personally wine is the bottom of my list, but I can manage without almost anything except milk for my coffee!
      Jim.
      Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

tea, sugar, kettle, torch, matches and tin opener!

Have a lovely time, Pam! Doing the same here at the mo!

Comment

Getting ready

Originally posted by jayjay View Post
          tea, sugar, kettle, torch, matches and tin opener!

Have a lovely time, Pam! Doing the same here at the mo!
          Pleased you mentioned torch jayjay I nearly forgot. Thanks

Pam

PS I never forget to take my tea bags. I forgot the kettle once but never the tea bags

Comment

Hi Pam,
            I often forget to look in the house fridge and last week I left home without a large bottle of shandy, marmalade, snack pork pies and 4 individual Ambrosia rice puddings. Good job I always leave tinned stuff in the van!

Enjoy your break, Jim.

Comment

Originally posted by Pam Park View Post
              Pleased you mentioned torch jayjay I nearly forgot. Thanks

Pam

PS I never forget to take my tea bags. I forgot the kettle once but never the tea bags
              Arrived safely at Beal. Nice site, friendly wardens. Even had the offer of the loan of the ardens bike if I want to pedal across the causeway to Holy Island. Will post photo's when I get home sine can't do it throught the ipad. Dolly and Patriscottnhave arrived and are setting up there gear next to me as I type this.

Pam

Comment

Here's my view of the causeway last year from Holy Island, Pam.

Hope you don't get yor feet wet if you pedal.

Jim.

Comment

getting ready

Originally posted by Twolitre View Post
                  Here's my view of the causeway last year from Holy Island, Pam.

Hope you don't get yor feet wet if you pedal.

Jim.
                  Nice photo Jim. I will post some photo's when Imget home and tell the story of my visit to Chillingham castle.

Pam

Comment

All set up now next to Pam and sitting cozily in the van! Wind seems to have settled a bit ... I can't be doing with wind (no comments please!). We think the Vikings are raiding Holy Island tomorrow, so we will probably go and join them! Blast! Forgot my Viking outfit!

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X