No announcement yet.

Caravan Reversing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

put your hand at the bottom of the wheel and turn it the way you want the van too move . Practice ....Or as I do press the buttons on the motor moveryou stop and plan your move in so in a field circle around so its just where you want it and un hitch .
    BuzznDave

Comment

I couldn't give a monkey's whether anyone's watching or not. Chances are they couldn't make a better job of it than I can. They are quite welcome to have a go if they think they can, and I can have a laugh at them.

Comment

Originally posted by MYKE View Post
        I couldn't give a monkey's whether anyone's watching or not. Chances are they couldn't make a better job of it than I can. They are quite welcome to have a go if they think they can, and I can have a laugh at them.
        I'm afraid my competitiveness gets the better of me, MYKE ! (Plus an element of perfectionism) It's a girlie thing - I can't bear the thought that some bloke is looking out of the window of his unit thinking 'Ha! Look at that old girl with the Skoda making a pig's ear of reversing her little caravan!'.

On one of my trips I reversed onto my pitch in one go - no twiddling, no adjustment.... perfection in pitching, though I say so myself (Only 'cos I thought there was nobody watching me!) As I got out of the car to unhitch the caravan this man came across from another unit to congratulate me on my parking prowess! I was so chuffed with myself.... All a bit childish I know, and it really shouldn't matter. I'm sure some people get a bit embarrassed about making a mess of getting their awning up 'right first time'. For someone who doesn't like being watched when reversing the 'van, it's a bit hypocritical of me to giggle at someone getting tangled up in their awning!
        Cynthia

Comment

I had a go at reversing my stepdaughters double horse box trailer, which I found much easier to reverse and manoeuvre than the Romini despite it being much larger.

Comment

I never reversed my Romini but it was mentioned on here that smaller caravans like the Romini are harder to reverse than a bigger one

Comment

That’s reassuring😳

Comment

Originally posted by gerrydoorstop View Post
                That’s reassuring😳
                Not to worry, as long as you take it slowly you'll soon get the hang of it.. If you do it as slowly as possible it's much easier to make the adjustments on the steering to right yourself, IMHO. Have you found anywhere yet that you can take the Romini for a practice session or three without attracting an audience? An industrial estate is often a good place to go to practice, quieter than a car park even 'out of hours' and not so likely to be spotted by the boy racers out for a laugh. If you still lack confidence you could always enrol on one of the Camping and Caravanning Club's manoeuvring courses. Anyway it's something you could spend some time on while we're all still on Lockdown; you're hardly going to risk picking up/spreading the virus in the middle of an industrial estate.
                Cynthia

Comment

That’s just what I’ve been doing👍. I’m getting better slowly but surely. I think it’s an issue of confidence as well. We want to visit the islands so a bit more practice is needed for manoeuvring about a ferry, but here’s hoping.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X