X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CyberCynth
    replied
    Originally posted by Rattlecan View Post

Oh yes we normally use it all year round & what with pretty much half of this year being 'written off' we shall take it out whenever possible. Assuming we don't get locked down again!!
    You could always book up at Hertford C&CC! - See the 'Fancy meeting Up' thread.

Oh, Lucy's mum I wish you hadn't mentioned the nosebag! Now, every time I see a Romini with one of these awnings attached I shall be giggling to myself....
    Cynthia.

Leave a comment:

• Rattlecan
    replied
    Originally posted by CyberCynth View Post
    Wow, looks good Rattlecan ! That'll increase your living space somewhat. It looks a bit like a driveaway awning, but as the Romini has a back door it lends itself particularly well to that type of awning. Good for you! Are you going to be an all-year-round camper?
    Cynthia.
    Oh yes we normally use it all year round & what with pretty much half of this year being 'written off' we shall take it out whenever possible. Assuming we don't get locked down again!!

Leave a comment:

• Lucy's mum
    replied
    Completely off topic but these pics all remind me of horses with nosebags.

Very neatly fitted. We could never get our driveway awning to look neat.

Leave a comment:

• CyberCynth
    replied
    Wow, looks good Rattlecan ! That'll increase your living space somewhat. It looks a bit like a driveaway awning, but as the Romini has a back door it lends itself particularly well to that type of awning. Good for you! Are you going to be an all-year-round camper?
    Cynthia.

Leave a comment:

• Rattlecan
    replied
    Its got a side door, as you can see, but also the whole end is a door, plus there are two more poles which go into the corners once fully open , to give a large canopy to sit under. It's made by Quechua

Leave a comment:

• Rattlecan
    replied
    More pics

Leave a comment:

• Rattlecan
    replied
    I bought this from Decathlon. It’s actually just meant to be a tent, but works brilliantly. It’s a blow up one, so takes literally 30 seconds to inflate, then two poles go inside. It’s absolutely fantastic & is about 10ft long & same width as the van.

Leave a comment:

• pamsicle
    replied
    I’ve had several awnings on my Romini I did have a rail put across the top but never got to use the ultima 180 I got for it. The one I used the most was the Quest elite pop up which did the job and held up to some horrendous winds on C and cc site at Beadnell
    8070BA75-1A23-453B-817B-37DA00E1C3D4.jpegE16BA142-BE50-4D6D-B0CD-5C2059BAEEAE.jpeg

Leave a comment:

• gerrydoorstop
    replied
    How about a small inflatable tent that we could use as an awning although it wouldn’t actually be joined onto the Romini? Would that not be a bit easier to do or would campsites not allow you to do so? Just thinking out loud😁

Leave a comment:

• jayjay
    replied
    Originally posted by gerrydoorstop View Post
    Thanks for the reply. We have a top rail above the door but once the awning attaches to it there’s no way of fastening it onto the sides, so in the wind you think the whole things about to take off, which is quite alarming.
    I used to fasten mine down with pegs at floor level, pulled over to just around the sides and pegged there. Are there any reinforced peggin holes at the bottom of the awning tunnel? And a few heavy duty pegs pegging it onto the grab handles. A couple of bungee straps might help... bungee it to the back corner steadies... or even some heavy duty velcro. Although that would entail sticking one side of the velcro onto the sides of the caravan.

The wind might actually be coming underneath the caravan into the awning and blowing it about that way. You can get a length of caravan awning skirt and peg it to the sides. Here's the skirt, sold by the metre:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/15229034897...yABEgKnHfD_BwE

You could sew or stick a kind of side hem onto each side, and peg it down by putting an extra long tent peg into the hem, or fasten it to either the caravan or awning with velcro.

Last question, is this a driveaway awning with a tunnel, or some kind of porch awning for a caravan? You really need a drive away awning for a Romini caravan, although you won't be driving away from it!

Leave a comment:

• gerrydoorstop
    replied
    Thanks for the reply. We have a top rail above the door but once the awning attaches to it there’s no way of fastening it onto the sides, so in the wind you think the whole things about to take off, which is quite alarming.

Leave a comment:

• jayjay
    replied
    Best person to ask is pamsicle !

You only need an awning rail across the top I would have thought. All drive away awnings have a tunnel. They go into the top rail and then are fastened onto the sides. It would be difficult to source an awning with such a long awning rail fixing, although it sounds like a good idea! Have a look at the awning photos in the subsection on awnings. I think pamsicle's awnings on her Romini are on there as well.

Leave a comment:

• gerrydoorstop
    started a topic Custom Awning for a Romini

Custom Awning for a Romini

Hello again all,

We’ve decided to keep our Romini so are looking to improve on the awning we currently have. What we’re hoping to do is fit a new awning rail from one bottom corner up and over the door down to the opposite corner, then source an awning that would fit. As we’re novices and not very DIY minded does anyone think this sounds like a plan or is it a no go?
    If it sounds possible can anyone suggest where or who would be able to attach the rail for us?

Thanks again

Gerry and Les

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
Working...
X