This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just checking in

it seems ages since I was last on the forum.
    Nothing much going on me me at the moment(I am still not smoking) but strange as it may seem I felt fitter when I did. My weight has gone way up so Now I go swimming 5 days a week to try and get on top of it. Now because of the extra weight I'm carrying my knees no longer want to work(possible osteoarthmritus according to the doctor) just great! So I haven't been away in my Romini as much as I wanted this year. The last time was the temp site at Holy Island was great)
    But I found I was struggling a bit while handling the caravan.
    Now I've just ordered a huge tarpaulin off ebay (25x18 feet). Tnat should cover the van no problem and I am putting it away for the winter. Next year I will hopefully be a lot lighter and healthier. Then watch out England here I come.

Pam

hi pam

i have not seen u on only wish we could go swimming we are now save money by not going out then when good weather comes in 2012 get out and a bout. u will have to get a romehome then u do not have to tow (tom denise) diggdeep:so happy:

Comment

just checking in

Originally posted by diggdeep View Post
      i have not seen u on only wish we could go swimming we are now save money by not going out then when good weather comes in 2012 get out and a bout. u will have to get a romehome then u do not have to tow (tom denise) diggdeep:so happy:
      This may cause an uproar(although I hope not).I had a Romahome C15 1900 diesel. No power steering.Went away once in it to Finchale Priory near Durham. Loved the site hated the Romahome. Sold it two weeks after I bought it then not long after that, saw my little Romini and fell in love. The rest is history.

As for the swimming.I swim between 20 and 40 lengths per day so hopefully I'll win the weight battle.Pam

Comment

Good luck with the weight loss Pam.
        Good to know you are still with us.
        It is strange that the opinions about the best leisure vehicle type are so widely apart.
        Like you I am well satisfied with my Romini and I believe it is a much more convenient solution than a motorhome in so many ways. Not least cost and maintenance.
        I have toyed with the motorhome idea many times over the last half century and always come back to a caravan as the best for me.
        However, we share the World together, we camp together and there seems to be plenty of room for all of us.
        Jim.
        Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

Hi Pam! I was wondering where you'd got to!

Good on you for keeping up the non smoking! I still haven't tried again since my last dog died, and now have a new one, so that's about 2 years now since I last tried and failed.

Apparantly if you stick with it, those unfit feelings/thoughts will eventually go away. I've heard others say they didn't feel so good for a while, but that it did eventually go away. You can't possibly be unfit swimming that much! Have you grown webbed feet yet?

My knees are also crap - I bought a two step step for my diddy caravan, so I didn't have to step so far, but mine is pretty high off the ground. It did work though, I don't struggle so much now, especially if I'm away for a week or so, that's when it really used to get to me.

I have a trailer tent cover for my caravan... unless you get them tailor made (which costs a fortune!) you cant buy them off the shelf. I bought mine from Ebay for around £30? can't remember now... If I hadn't have spotted it, I would have done the same, just got a tarp.

Buy some lengths of pipe insulation from B&Q and put it around the edges, to allow a little air twixt caravan and tarp. The one I bought came with polystrene 'spacers' which fit into the awning rails and do the same thing. I don't know how you'd fix them onto a romini (maybe fix them to the tarp on the inside?) but you need to fashion a space between the tarp and the van for breathing or it will go damp inside. I always stand up the seats and backs in the middle and open the lockers as well, so that the little air ducts can do their stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Pam Park View Post
            it seems ages since I was last on the forum.
            Nothing much going on me me at the moment(I am still not smoking) but strange as it may seem I felt fitter when I did. My weight has gone way up so Now I go swimming 5 days a week to try and get on top of it. Now because of the extra weight I'm carrying my knees no longer want to work(possible osteoarthmritus according to the doctor) just great! So I haven't been away in my Romini as much as I wanted this year. The last time was the temp site at Holy Island was great)
            But I found I was struggling a bit while handling the caravan.
            Now I've just ordered a huge tarpaulin off ebay (25x18 feet). Tnat should cover the van no problem and I am putting it away for the winter. Next year I will hopefully be a lot lighter and healthier. Then watch out England here I come.

Pam

Hello Pam,Welcome back.
            On the subject of weight,my cheeky lady GP said if I loose a couple of stone the blowhole ontop of my head might go away, I told her to forget it,I had a hot date with a dolphin!
            You are doing so well,hope to see you next year.
            Ian
            Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
            Working...
            X