Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great to hear from you Pete. Hope to catch up with you in person some time soon.

Its all change for us as well as after the Spring meet we will be putting our classic folding caravan up for sale.
    Better a rainy day on the hill than a sunny day in the office!

Comment

Originally posted by Mayfair Pete View Post
      Hi all I'm still about but I've been very busy with work and sitting exams. I've still got the Romini (it'll be a long time before I part with her) but we've sold the demountable and are looking for something to replace it with. All the exams should be over in a month or so so it'll be time to get on the road again and get some touring in. Peter
      Welcome back Pete, glad you are still knocking about, keep us informed about what you eventually end up with.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
      Graham
      Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

A N Other Romini

High

Two weeks of ownership, number 144 1986 in Tonbridge
        Im just not young enough to know it all

Comment

I have a Romini

Welcome to the Romini fold.

Pam

Comment

We have a Romini

Hi Jim

We have a Romini (Hetty). Not too sure how old she is as there are three sets of numbers, one of which is on the door hinge - 85057 which we presume is 1985 number 5. Second set of numbers is on the A frame where there is a plate with the information written in German with Baujahr (year of construction) 1982 and underneath the plate, etched on the frame itself, is 1505535. Was she made for the export market and why the reference to both 1982 and 1985?

Good to have contact with other Romini owners
            Cheers
            Hettysmates

Comment

I have aRomini

Usually the number reads 786114. No one knows what the 7 is for. My number is 114 made in 1986 which appears on the plate on the A(the year).

image.jpg

Pam

Comment

Hi Pam
                Thanks for replying. We are now presuming that Hetty was made in 1982 as on the A frame plate though we are still confused that our door number indicates 1985 even if the numbers are written in a different order with the 7 at the end - if only she could talk!

Cheers
                Hettysmates aka Trevor & Sandra

Comment

I have a Romini

Romini caravan weren't made intil 1985. I thought they were made until 1990. But recently have seen Jim's Romini which is numbered 199 and made in 1987. There was only supposed to have been 200 made.

Pam

Comment

Thank you Pam for replying. We think we may start a new thread for our confusing numbers and upload photos, plus start threads on seals and upholstering - advice is good so just about to go through the old threads as well.

cheers
                    Hettysmates

Comment

Originally posted by Hettysmates View Post
                      Hi Pam
                      Thanks for replying. We are now presuming that Hetty was made in 1982 as on the A frame plate though we are still confused that our door number indicates 1985 even if the numbers are written in a different order with the 7 at the end - if only she could talk!

Cheers
                      Hettysmates aka Trevor & Sandra
                      Hi, I have only just picked up on this.
                      The numbers on my Romini top door hinge, reading top to bottom on the left are 788. Ignoring the mysterious 7 which seems to appear on every Romini I believe that means produced in (19)88. The second column on the hinge I believe to be the production number reads 199. As "less than 200" are reputed to have been made that could mean mine was the last produced.
                      I have no proof that I/we are interpreting the numbers correctly, but mine has one minor feature in the form of two cubby holes for storage of small items (books etc?) beneath the front window which only seem to exist in later produced ones.
                      Any numbers on the chassis plate relate to chassis production by Alco and it is likely that virgin chassis may have been stored in batches awaiting production of bodies.
                      I hope at least some of this makes sense, but there seems to be no way to verify any of it.
                      By the way, another Romini for sale has just appeared on ebay. Looking very cheap at he moment but well over a week to go.
                      Jim.
                      Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

Hi Jim

Yes that does make sense thank you. So going by our back to front numbers on the door hinge (85057), it appears that Hetty was number 5 made in 1985. She is quite original inside with the upholstery and the green cutlery and crockery trays plus she had the egg/bottle tray on the sink door cupboard though the bottom of it had shredded so we took it out. We took the gas hob/grill out to clean, as it must have had 30 years of grime around it, and found it had rusted through underneath so now considering our cooking options. But she's lovely even though there's a bit of updating to do.

Cheers
                        Trevor & Sandra

Comment

I have a Romini

I removed my cooker as well, even though it was in good condition. I just use a single ring gas cooker that takes gas cannisters. Gives a bit of extra bench space. But I can always reconnect it if needs be.

Pam

Comment

Hi I'm a newbie here
                            I've just picked up a romini not sure on the no.? Where do I look
                            It's in a sorry state inside missing some original bits but pretty mint outside minus the stickers
                            Based near oxford

Comment

I have a Romini

Originally posted by Maddub View Post
                              Hi I'm a newbie here
                              I've just picked up a romini not sure on the no.? Where do I look
                              It's in a sorry state inside missing some original bits but pretty mint outside minus the stickers
                              Based near oxford
                              Hi there. You should find your number on the top door hinge. My number reads 786114. The 7 always comes first(no one knows what the 7 means) 86 was the year it was made and it is number 114. Hope this helps
                              Pam

Comment

Just a follow up to Pam's post above.
                                The numbers should be read downwards as two independent columns.

e.g. Mine are:-

7 1
                                8 9
                                8 9
                                Ignoring the mysterious seven gives the (19)88 year of manufacture and (and possibly the last) Romini manufactured. LESS THAN 200 claimed to be made.
                                But I do wish that someone involved in the production of Rominis could confirm this interpretation of the numbers.

Incidentally there have been claims that the numbers are repeated on the top edge of the wardrobe door over the sink, requiring a mirror to read. Though mine has not.

Jim.
                                Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment