This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I now have a Romini

My Romini numbers are 7 86 126 Name is "Little Ted" Location near Redhill Surrey.............

Comment

Originally posted by Twolitre View Post
      As I understand it Pete, reading down on the left - the last two numbers are the year of manufacture (in my case 88 = 1988). On the right reading down is the number in the production line.
      The first number on the left has been variously suggested as the month of manufacture, but 7 seems so common I have my doubts. Others suggest it is the number of significant changes since first introduction - decor etc.
      There are several hinge pictures and comments elsewhere early in the Romini Section.
      These numbers seem to be often repeated on the top of the top of the wardrobe door (mirror needed?) and on the drawbar, though mine has neither of these.
      Jim.
      I have copied this from the start of the thread because it seems to be the best way to read them, but we have found no one to verify our interpretation.
      I hope this helps.
      Jim.
      Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

I have a Romini

Have updated list and put in numerical order. There are a couple of instances of duplicate numbers. If the people in question/or anybody who knows, gets in touch, about the duplicate numbers, so I can update.

Pam

Comment

I have a Romini

For those who have been good enough to give their Romini production number. Could I ask for the full number(see list) some of you did this but I've noticed that a 1986 year has a lower production number than a 1985 year. Just wondered how this would affect the list if all the years were displayed.

Pam

Comment

Originally posted by pamsicle View Post
            For those who have been good enough to give their Romini production number. Could I ask for the full number(see list) some of you did this but I've noticed that a 1986 year has a lower production number than a 1985 year. Just wondered how this would affect the list if all the years were displayed.

Pam
            Pam
            Now you have "sorted" the numbers into sequence it becomes obvious that, unless some have been wrongly read or corrupted , that we may be reading or recording them wrongly
            There are many in the list where reading what we think is production date in sequence puts the production number out of sequence and vice-versa.
            If only someone involved in production in the past would climb out of the woodwork to tell us if we are reading them wrongly.
            Jim

At least, even the re-arranged list suggests that mine is the last of Island Plastics ones produced.
            Perhaps other Romini owners will recheck their numbers and notify you if they are wrongly recorded in the list?
            By the way - it has occurred to me that the mysterious "7" could be the number identifying the set of moulds for Romini production in GRP.
            Last edited by Twolitre; 06-08-2017, 09:02.
            Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

Ronnie

Hi pam ,my romini is ronnie number 786129 owned by josie and mark and we are from west yorkshire

Comment

I have a Romini

Originally posted by josie View Post
                Hi pam ,my romini is ronnie number 786129 owned by josie and mark and we are from west yorkshire
                Thanks Josie.

Pam

Comment

Hi Pam,

The number on mine is 7 85 73. Already on the list, AndyB must of been the guy
                  I purchased it from.

Frank

Comment

I have a Romini

Originally posted by 3Windo View Post
                    Hi Pam,

The number on mine is 7 85 73. Already on the list, AndyB must of been the guy
                    I purchased it from.

Frank
                    Thanks for that info Frank. I have ammended the list.

Pam

Comment

Collected a Romini today No 7 86 101 .Will need refitting

Keith

Comment

Just collected a Romini today with he serial number 7 86 101 needs some TLC. Keith Somerset

Comment

Originally posted by Landiekp View Post
                          Just collected a Romini today with he serial number 7 86 101 needs some TLC. Keith Somerset
                          Thanks Keith. I will add you to the list.

Pam

Comment

I have a Romini too, 787189 based in Bodelwyddan, North Wales. I know of another, in Llandudno Junction, currently for sale I think, number: 786079. I called on the owner this morning to get the number, I believe that it has spent many years in the Conwy area and has recently been refurbished and resprayed.
                            Neil

Comment

Thanks for the information. I will add you to the list

Pam

Comment

One more sleep and I will be able to let you have the number of mine. So very excited!

Comment