Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As this listing has grown it has become evident (if we are reading the numbers correctly) that Rominis were manufactured for only a very short time at quite a high rate. The earliest in in1985 and the last (mine) number 199 in 1988. With Sheepdog61 having the oldest? And mine 199 being the oldest possible of "less than 200 produced".
    Congratulations Kate Norman I hope youare as haooy with yours as I have been with mine. - By the way, how about adding your general location? That might lead to cantact(s) with other Romini owners in your area to mutual benefit - just click on the user name box of any Romini poster to see if there are any others near you. Only though of course, if they have posted a location.
    A bit late, but a big WELCOME to the forum,
    JIm.
    Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

The numbers on the draw bar are 105 98 07, the Nymph is perfect and in original condition. Have not had time to have a closer look yet. Love it!

Comment

I live at Askett, a village between High Wycombe and Aylesbury in Bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Kate Norman View Post
          The numbers on the draw bar are 105 98 07, the Nymph is perfect and in original condition. Have not had time to have a closer look yet. Love it!
          Hi Kate, The number you have supplied is the serial number for the tow hitch.

The number you need to look for is on the aluminium frame on the top part of the door.

Frank

Comment

Thanks Frank, will look in the morning. Was puzzled by the year!

Comment

Frank, the only number on the hinge us 027. How does that help, it has an Island Plastics sticker on as well.

Comment

027 is the only number below the hinge.

Comment

Hi Kate. The number 027 might put you in the year 1985, if you check the numerical list. Although there are two puzzling numbers, which need to be checked, near beginning of list, which seem to knock the years out of wack.

Pam

Comment

Thanks Pam, I'm looking forward to being part of the group.

Comment

As promised, photos of the Nymph. IMG_20171107_1044229_rewind.jpgIMG_20171107_1040362_rewind.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Kate Norman View Post
                        Hi Kate. Before Jim Twolitre notices, I’ll tell you how to set your seats properly. The back of the sest should be wedged under the two blocks, under the window(if you have blocks) This puts the seat at an angle. the base should have some kind of bar underneath. This wedges against the storge edge then you press the base down at the back and it makes the seat secure and it won’t end up on the floor, whilst your travelling. Hope this makes sense.
                        Nice to see that lovely dark brown check, which is original.

Pam
                        Last edited by pamsicle; 07-11-2017, 13:33.

Comment

Thank you Pam. The upholstery Is v worn in placed particularly under the front window. The window seal needs replacing as it leaks. I would like to find isometric to match the original. Lots of work ahead! Kate

Comment

Not isonetric FABRIC!!!!!

Comment

There may be some retro fabric suppliers out there. I replaced the seal on my front window, as it too was leaking. This time last year, I was to be found in my Romini,stripping offthe old liner and putting the new stuff on. It took me 11 days, but pleased with the result

Pam

Comment

Thanks Pam, I found some cream check fabric today to do the trims, the seats are ok so I will shampoo them. I would love to change the head lining but I fear it is a step too far!! The window seal is my priority. I can see that the little beast will consume most of my spare time. Kate

Comment