Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Pam for adding me too the list looks as if mine is the earliest one still around! Do you know on a value that it could be worth? It’s completly original and not been modified or tampered with. Thanks Reece

Comment

You certainly have an early one . Judging by the prices on ebay, they have ranged in price from £2000 to £3000. All depends on condition. Original decor and good condition, might interest people as much as totally gutted with no original decor. I’ve taken out the original carpeted interior and put new carpeting in. That was the biggest job,it took me 11 days from start to finish but looks tons better .

Pam

Comment

I have thought of re vamping the interior however where it is in lovely condition for its age and now finding out it’s possibly the earliest one around I’m unsure if it would be criminal too take out it’s originality as others seem too have very modern interiors. Still has it’s orignal wheel trims and all decals still in great condition and it’s been looked after. Could always try advertising it and see how I get on, that’s when I’ve decided if I’m going too part with it or not as its so quirky and unique. When New did they put fridges in these or not? Mines never had one and doesn’t look too be any connections there too add one.
        Many thanks Reece
        Last edited by Bibs13; 23-04-2018, 15:07.

Comment

My exterior still has it’s original decals. The inside however was not original cushion fabric, it had been the light tan checkered fabric(judging from the material left on the seat retaining blocks). There was also the dark brown checkerd fabric(which I prefer).
          so I had no qualms in mucking about with the upholstery, which looked to be a diy job.

Over yhe 8 years I’ve had it, I’ve changed the upholstery, the interior carpet lining, new skylight, replaced
          a side window, which had a hole internally. Two new window stays.

FF1D02B8-F03C-441A-ACE6-FEBDB1EDC3E3.jpegEBCF664F-43D3-4982-9ED1-7DD1DF981A7B.jpeg51F13540-013E-444A-A57C-FF5DCCF854BF.jpeg The pink interior was how I got it. New cream cushions made. New i terior carpeting to walls and ceiling.

Pam

Comment

Wow ! That looks awesome what a transformation! I was thinking of re carpeting my one and now seeing yours it’s incredible the difference it makes. Can I ask where you obtained the materials from
            and I see previously it took you 11 days too do, was it hard work getting the old stuff off and smooth again ready too re carpet the walls? Do you think a solar panel on the roof (cardboard thin one) would be desirable too people for wild camping ? Thinking ahead should I decide too sell.
            Last edited by Bibs13; 23-04-2018, 15:27.

Comment

If you type in search Romini Refurb, it should give you an account day by day of how I did it. I ordered the carpet from ebay( wheat colour) I ordered 10 metres from Megavanmats, which came with 10 tins of spray adhesive. I only needed 8 however so sold the rest. There are other seller on ebay as well.
              https://community.smallmotorhome.co....-romini-refurb
              I found the link for you

Pam

Comment

Perfect thanks ever so much for the information Pam and does transform it looks wise, I will get on the hunt and have a look around and decide which colour too go for I can just make out in the previous pictures that your one looks like it doesn’t have a fridge? Mine doesn’t either and I’m guessing that from New they wasn’t fitted with them?

Many thanks
                Reece

Comment

I saw an old price list for the Romini and the fridge was classed as an extra. My Romini looked like it had one in, but it has been removed. I just use a small bench top type fridge I got for £10 at a car boot. I’ve taken out the cooker and just use a suitcase type one.

Pam

Comment

That’s helpful thank you. I’m on the look out for an awning should you know of anybody with one.

Thanks reece

Comment

I got my latest awning from gumtree. Quest elite instant motorhome. It drapes over the back of the Romini. But I’ve just fitted an awning railto the back of the Romini so I could use a narrow porch awning as well.

Pam

Comment

Help, anyone know what tyre pressure for 10" Romini wheel? Many thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Kate Norman View Post
                          Help, anyone know what tyre pressure for 10" Romini wheel? Many thanks.
                          Sorry, but my Romini has 13inch wheels as I imagine (perhaps wrongly) most are.
                          However, From exerience I have noted that necessary tyre pressures vary more by cross section of a tyre than by diameter (e.g. a narrow bicycle tyre of around 26 inch diameter is typically blown up to about 90psi.
                          I run my Romini on between 25 and 30psi depending on loading of water and conveniences etc. Tyre tread wear is even across the tyre at that.
                          Jim.
                          Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

I have just picked up a Romini, on our way home so will check the number. Bought from the last official original owners from new. It has been well loved and original. Will be residing in Southport.

Comment

Originally posted by Soozy View Post
                              I have just picked up a Romini, on our way home so will check the number. Bought from the last official original owners from new. It has been well loved and original. Will be residing in Southport.
                              Was that Mary and Mike?

Comment

Originally posted by Sidick View Post

Was that Mary and Mike?
                                Yes, Mary & Mike. I didn't meet them, their granddaughter advertised it on gum tree on Monday, I begged a lot, she kindly agreed to give me first refusal yesterday morning. I picked it up from Mike and Mary's daughter yesterday. Really chuffed with it

Comment