This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks in nice condition Tom.
    Your post reads as if you have just bought it. If so, good luck. Rominis do not seem to depreciate now. They are almost an investment rather than a liability!
    Jim.
    Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

Romini list...

Yes, considering it's age, it's a credit to itself. Photographs do tend to flatter slightly but it's very much up to the job!
      Went round underneath with a wire brush last summer and put waxoyl on everything I could reach.
      I've had it for two or three years, a great couple of trips to Strete in S. Devon.
      Even in this weather and the sky light cracked open, it's as dry as an old dogs bone; towit the paperwork I took out of it to check the manufacturing date, was surprisingly dry to touch!
      Because I don't use it as much as I feel I should, I'm thinking a Romahome might suit me better and be used constantly?
      The only thing that scares me with the Romahome is the lack of any 'modern' features like an airbag, at least, in the range I could afford!

(I just noticed that I replied to the original request on manufacturing dates, so time ago and am already on the list with No. 131.)

Comment

Originally posted by Tom24 View Post
        The only thing that scares me with the Romahome is the lack of any 'modern' features like an airbag, at least, in the range I could afford!
        There is an easy answer to that, don't crash
        Better a rainy day on the hill than a sunny day in the office!

Comment

I've got one of those.

Looking at the list it seems that no one has entered a new number for over two years. Are these things really that scarce??
          Anyway, mine is number 786 141 and I am in West Sussex.
          Regards
          Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Chalkyuk View Post
            Looking at the list it seems that no one has entered a new number for over two years. Are these things really that scarce??
            Regards
            Bill
            So it must be no 141 made in 1986. The one I have just sold was no 89 made the same year. They are still about, but goodness knows how many are left now.

Comment

Just got one

Originally posted by Twolitre View Post
              If you have a Romini Caravan, how about adding your name and caravan number along with (vague) details of your location? Let's find out how many of us are on here.
              Niloc is compiling a list in an endeavour to find the oldest known Romini and perhaps to find out how many have survived and how many were made.
              Maybe we can help him out.

I will try to collate the list from time to time.

1. Twolitre - Jim Romini No. 199 located Derbyshire.
              hi i just signed up.

ive got a romini im in northumberland.

there is a silver plate on the tow bar with writing on but its in a forgin language i think its german? i can make out that the date is 1988 but i dont know which number is the model number???
              help anyone?
              also how many were made in total? i heard it was 200

may also be for sale. ill take some pics soon.

one last thing. the door has a door knocker on it that is the shape of a fox. it looks really good with a lot of detail just wondering if they all have that feature

Comment

Hi Romini,
                Good top hear from you and welcome.
                If you Roam(ini) around the threads in the Romini section you will find most of your queries answered. In many cases more than once.
                Have a look, because you will no doubt find answers to questions you have yet to ask.
                If not post again for them
                There are photos and explanations of the door top hinge and how to read them.
                No one seems to know for sure, but AROUND 200 were made. Mine is number 198. No one has yet treported a higher number. If mine was not the last it must have been nearly.

I hope you get a lot of pleasure from your Romini,
                Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Chalkyuk View Post
                  Regards
                  Bill
                  Hi Chalkyuk,
                  I started the Romini list voluntarily to try to add to the records that Niloc on here was compiling.
                  I am afraid that since I had a stroke, compounded by later mis-haps I have let it slide.
                  I did hope that owners would add their own details, but that did not seem to happen.
                  However, if anyone else on here would care to update it I would be more than happy.
                  Jim.

Comment

I have a Romini

Originally posted by romini View Post
                    hi i just signed up.

ive got a romini im in northumberland.

there is a silver plate on the tow bar with writing on but its in a forgin language i think its german? i can make out that the date is 1988 but i dont know which number is the model number???
                    help anyone?
                    also how many were made in total? i heard it was 200

may also be for sale. ill take some pics soon.

one last thing. the door has a door knocker on it that is the shape of a fox. it looks really good with a lot of detail just wondering if they all have that feature
                    Nice to see that there is another Romini in Northumberland. There is me and Tom. But I don't know what Tom is upto at the moment. My number is stamped onto the top door hinge and at the front of the chassis and engraved in the windows(although that might be a personal thing). see my album in my profile section for littleroo my Romini

Pam

Comment

Hello there,

I've had a Romini for about a year but only just got round to seeking out the serial number.

I assume this means that it was made in 1987 and that it is number 150 ?

hinge.jpg

Comment

That looks to be right Andy!
                        I see your hinge carries the mysterious "7" which seems to appear on every Romini. Ar first it seems obvious that it meant July. But if it did then Rominis were only made in July!
                        Jim.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayfair Pete View Post
                          I've got one as well, not sure how to work out the numbers on the hinge though.
                          I'm located in West Berksire.

Peter
                          Hu Peter, I think we all thought you had abdicated or something!
                          Your posts have been missed.
                          JimW.

Comment

Originally posted by Twolitre View Post
                            Hu Peter, I think we all thought you had abdicated or something! Your posts have been missed. JimW.

Hi Jim

The post you have quoted from Mayfair Pete is from 2011, not sure if Pete is still about.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
                            Graham
                            Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

When I last spoke to Pete which must have been 18 months ago at least if not longer, he hinted that he was going to sell the Romini as he and his wife had bought a demountable on a Daihatsu base. I think he was also restoring a sports car of some description
                              Better a rainy day on the hill than a sunny day in the office!

Comment

Hi all
                                I'm still about but I've been very busy with work and sitting exams. I've still got the Romini (it'll be a long time before I part with her) but we've sold the demountable and are looking for something to replace it with.
                                All the exams should be over in a month or so so it'll be time to get on the road again and get some touring in.

Peter

Comment