X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Romini Awning on eBay.

Only £25, but no picture.
    The ID number is 270845969819
    It says collect only. But then so did mine. However it only cost about £10 to have mine collected from around 100 miles away by Parcel2go earlier this year.

There is also another Romini listed.
    Jim.
    Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Romini awning

To the youngest, from the oldest Romini to date. Hi Jim, just to let everyone know, I was the lucky one who won this item on Ebay. Thanks to you for posting it on the forum. Sorry for the long message on you "numbers count" on the Romini forum. I'm new to this forum thing, this site being the first, and as for you saying sorry if you might have offended anyone, don't worry about it, it takes alot for me to get offended. As for people not being able to find I.D. numbers, on my Romini they are on the top door hinge, door frame, top stable door frame and the tow-hitch body, and they all match, :so happy: all the best, Andy.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyB View Post
      To the youngest, from the oldest Romini to date. Hi Jim, just to let everyone know, I was the lucky one who won this item on Ebay. Thanks to you for posting it on the forum. Sorry for the long message on you "numbers count" on the Romini forum. I'm new to this forum thing, this site being the first, and as for you saying sorry if you might have offended anyone, don't worry about it, it takes alot for me to get offended. As for people not being able to find I.D. numbers, on my Romini they are on the top door hinge, door frame, top stable door frame and the tow-hitch body, and they all match, :so happy: all the best, Andy.
      Pleased you got the awning Andy. I hope it is suitable and the zip is easily repaired/replaced. What make is it by the way? If it does fit it could be a make for others to look out for, including some romahome owners.
      By the way, "To the youngest from the oldest........" may apply to our caravans, but I would bet not to you and I!
      Good luck, Jim.

Comment

Congrats on winning the auction, Andy1

A strip of velcro attached to the side of the zip would do the job, if you can't mend the zipper, which is sometimes do-able.

If you need a complete zip, just send me the measurements - I have a huge awning in my shed, one of the zips on that might fit.. It's supposed to be for my little kip caravan and has the dimensions of my bungalow! I've kept it especially in case someone needed some spare parts, or canvas.

As you're only just over the border in SOT, you could perhaps come over and pick it up - I might even be able to sew it in for you! The zips are all dark and light brown though, as far as I can remember. which might not match the awning!
        Last edited by jayjay; 12-11-2011, 18:26.

Comment

Awning

I don't know what make the awning is yet as I havn't picked it up but from what I can gather from the guy that it came off a Romini and the reason for not wanting it is because he has a larger lightweight awning, so when I go to pick up the awning I will find out if the 'van is a Romini or any other small 'van and tell him of this site. As for the offer of a zip Jayjay, many thanks but I have just taken an awning apart because I was in the process of custom making an awning for Arfur, if I need any advice or help on stitching a zip onto the awning I will ask you. I would like to see the Kip 'van, I must admit that I like anything that is different from the "norm". What year is the Kip?

Comment

Hi again, Andy. Glad you will be sorted when your awning comes.

If it was me doing the repair, I would sew the new zip onto the front of the old zip rather than taking it out completely and refitting. This can be done, but you (or your wife!) will need extra strong sewing machine needles and heavy duty cotton, or it can be done at a chandlers. Good luck and give me a shout if you get stuck!

My little Kip is a 'classic' (and therefore leaks - but I'm onto that...) and 1982 vintage.
            Here's a pic, with the movelite awning attached.
            Attached Files

Comment

Awning

I nearly bidded on the Romini awning too, but was put off by the broken zip, not being good at sewing, wish I had read about using Velcro instead.

Please can anyone advice me of any awnings that will fit my Romini as I will have to purchase one before I use it.

I can then start looking out for them on eBay once I know some makes that will fit. I quite like the retro ones but not sure whether they will be too heavy.
              MS.RoMiNi

Comment

I bought 3 awnings. Each time I thought they would fit. It turned out to be third time lucky!
                The awning in the top right picture in the Forum header is like mine. That pic. shows it on a Romahome but it also fits the Romini.
                Pam Park also has one like this for her Romini and so has Ian Stockley for his Romahome. I think Ian Stockley told me they cost about £600 new. But I got a pristine one off ebay for £99.
                You might be better searching for a Romahome awning to fit the type of Romahome Ian has? Because most people have no idea what a Romini is!
                I cannot remember now what make they are and mine is packed away now for the winter. I'm sure a PM to Ian will identify the awning make and the model of his Romahome too.
                I was assured a Movelight Square would fit. Which is lighter. But after my experiences with the first two I bought the one I have now. I am well satisfied, but I must confess the poles are a bit heavy being steel. Though they are of course much stronger and more stable than aluminium alloy or carbon fibre.
                Good Luck, Jim.
                Last edited by Twolitre; 14-11-2011, 15:34.

Comment

Hi,
                  Have a look a look at this thread, post no. 57

http://smallmotorhome.co.uk/forum/sh...9818#post29818

This was £150 from an ebay retailer. Not the most pleasing to the eye but it does the job and is 10 ft square.

Peter

Comment

I also think a movelite square would fit - it used to fit my demountable Romahome on a Bedford Rascal and quite tall at the rear end... that's the beauty of having an elasticated tunnel, it fits most things - including my Kip caravan!

And they are no more than 5kg with fibreglass poles (replaceable if required) and very sturdy and easy to put up.

However the one that Ian and Pam have are (I think) the dedicated Romahome Harrison awning, ok if you have muscles and a strong back!

Comment

I have neither a strong back or muscles,but assuming no wind,I can put the harrison up by myself.
                      Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian STOCKLEY View Post
                        I have neither a strong back or muscles,but assuming no wind,I can put the harrison up by myself.

Maybe I just need to be a bit taller then! LOL,,,, I know the harrison awnings are heavier, but they are much nicer!

Comment

We had a Harrison awning with our Duo but now have a Movelite Square, the Harrison is a lot sturdier and well made but expensive and a lot heavier, the Movelite is a lot smaller when packed, lighter to carry and a lot cheaper. You pay your money and take your choice.
                          Graham
                          Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Thank you

Thanks for all your postings about the awning. I will keep my eyes open for a Harrison, the movelite might be more sensible though as it will also fit on the Fisher Holivan, but I do like the retro ones more.
                            MS.RoMiNi

Comment

Are there different types of Harrison awnings?

Would a porch awning fit also
                              MS.RoMiNi

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X