As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Romini on ebay

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Romini on ebay

    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ws/eBayISA...E:B:SS:GB:1123
    Regards, Robinjim.

    #2
    Sweet little thing.

    Comment


      #3
      I put a post about this in the Romini Section earlier today.
      There is also an awning for a Romini on ebay (which I believe will also fit some smaller Romahomes).
      The starting price is £15 and Buy it Now £25.
      Jim.
      Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

      Comment


        #4
        Romini on eBay

        Hi I am a newbie on here, just spotted the romini on eBay and instantly fell in love with the quirky little caravan.

        I bought a gorgeous 50 yr old Fisher Holivan from eBay last month and love her to pieces but feel I need a more robust caravan for travelling further afield or abroad.

        I have noticed that the window is not the correct window in the Romini would this be a problem do you think?

        It's a long way from me as I'm in Manchester so might wait patiently for another one to come up for sale.

        Hopefully I wil soon be joining you all and will happily be the new owner of a Romini. Shall break the news to hubby once purchased like my Fisher Holivan
        MS.RoMiNi

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Sobby 2711 View Post
          Hi I am a newbie on here, just spotted the romini on eBay and instantly fell in love with the quirky little caravan.

          I bought a gorgeous 50 yr old Fisher Holivan from eBay last month and love her to pieces but feel I need a more robust caravan for travelling further afield or abroad.

          I have noticed that the window is not the correct window in the Romini would this be a problem do you think?

          It's a long way from me as I'm in Manchester so might wait patiently for another one to come up for sale.

          Hopefully I wil soon be joining you all and will happily be the new owner of a Romini. Shall break the news to hubby once purchased like my Fisher Holivan
          Hi, and welcome to the fold.

          At its current price it looks a good buy. The typical price seems to be around £2000, but an extremely nice one with fridge etc. recently fetched about £3,100 on ebay.
          It is a pity about the window. It may be possible to find one of suitable size eventually, but practically, it has been replaced quite tidily and should not really be a disadvantage except aesthetically and of course from an opening point of view.
          I doubt whether another will come up which might sell for less than £2000, though of course this is the "low" season for caravan sales.
          Every one on here, and there are quite a few now, who own Romini caravans are very enthusiastic about them. They have no structural woodwork to rot and are virtually leak proof because the only joint in the body is at waist level on a vertical surface. They are easy to tow and need very little servicing. The life expectancy is limited only by the life of GRP, which is really almost unknown.

          No way will I part with mine!

          Hope this helps,
          Jim.
          Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

          Comment


            #6
            Hi Sobby
            I looked for a Romini for ages and found a seldom used forum

            Link removed by admin - see post below

            It rarely gets posted on but I was fortunate enough to look in on it 10 minutes after mine was advertised. After a few emails I decided that that was the one for me and bought it. I paid €2500 for it and had to collect it from Brussels.
            Even though the forum I found it on rarely gets used, it generated 6 very interested people, 4 from the UK, 1 form France and 1 from Italy.

            I've used it 4 times now and have had great fun with it, certainly a lot of smiles when I turn up somewhere with it on the back of a Mini.

            Good luck with your quest to find the right van

            Peter

            Comment


              #7
              Hi Peter

              I have removed the link in your post, as the last time I went on that site I got a virus which caused me a lot of trouble, I don't want anyone else having the same problem.
              Graham
              Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Mayfair Pete View Post
                Hi Sobby
                I looked for a Romini for ages and found a seldom used forum

                Link removed by admin - see post below

                It rarely gets posted on but I was fortunate enough to look in on it 10 minutes after mine was advertised. After a few emails I decided that that was the one for me and bought it. I paid €2500 for it and had to collect it from Brussels.
                Even though the forum I found it on rarely gets used, it generated 6 very interested people, 4 from the UK, 1 form France and 1 from Italy.

                I've used it 4 times now and have had great fun with it, certainly a lot of smiles when I turn up somewhere with it on the back of a Mini.

                Good luck with your quest to find the right van

                Peter
                HI Pete your post brought back lovely memories of towing my "Carcruiser Carissima" on the back of my mini cooper, she was metal bodied, very rare now, i posted her on a mini forum, and she was bought by a guy from Ireland to tow behind his mini cooper,Aaah, the response i got arriving at Stafford Showground for a Triumph weekend was amazing..

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by phoenix View Post
                  HI Pete your post brought back lovely memories of towing my "Carcruiser Carissima" on the back of my mini cooper, she was metal bodied, very rare now, i posted her on a mini forum, and she was bought by a guy from Ireland to tow behind his mini cooper,Aaah, the response i got arriving at Stafford Showground for a Triumph weekend was amazing..
                  Is this the one? Lovely classic looking caravan!
                  http://www.oldtimercaravanclub.nl/co...bum=22&pid=264

                  Comment


                    #10
                    undecided

                    hi everyone thanks for all your posts, I emailed the gentlemen selling the caravan and asked about any known faults, he said thatt he table leg needed replacing and there is a slight leak at one window where there is a gap in the rubber.

                    The main issue is the distance as I live in Manchester. If i dont bid on this one I shall patiently wait for another one to appear as I have my little Fisher Holivan to keep me company


                    pics of her. might have to copy and paste into browser
                    http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/
                    MS.RoMiNi

                    Comment


                      #11
                      She is gorgeous!! love the colour, and her shabby chic look
                      what do you tow her with, and did you buy her like that, or have you "chiced"her up.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by jayjay View Post
                        Is this the one? Lovely classic looking caravan!
                        http://www.oldtimercaravanclub.nl/co...bum=22&pid=264
                        yes Jayjay, thanks for the link..

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by phoenix View Post
                          She is gorgeous!! love the colour, and her shabby chic look
                          what do you tow her with, and did you buy her like that, or have you "chiced"her up.
                          Hi Phoenix, I am not clever enough to do it myself, she was owned by a lovely Interior designer and she did all the inside herself. I adore her, she was sold to me as an 1969 model but after researching she is 1959/60 Fisher Holivan junior.

                          I will hopefully take her to shows and maybe use her at fairs for my sisters lovely cupcakes. I have ideas hopefully to earn a little money from her too.
                          MS.RoMiNi

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Good idea to take her to shows, i think that is the best way to get her admired, you could sell cupcakes and tea , get some little tables, keep up the shabby chic theme, i think she will do really well, she is adorable, how could anyone not smile at her, and love her?
                            I take it you are wanting something more practical, like the Romini for camping use? going back the the holivan, cant be many left..

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by Sobby 2711 View Post
                              hi everyone thanks for all your posts, I emailed the gentlemen selling the caravan and asked about any known faults, he said thatt he table leg needed replacing and there is a slight leak at one window where there is a gap in the rubber.

                              The main issue is the distance as I live in Manchester. If i dont bid on this one I shall patiently wait for another one to appear as I have my little Fisher Holivan to keep me company


                              pics of her. might have to copy and paste into browser
                              http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/
                              Cmon come to the spring rally,that is a beautiful van,come and show her off.
                              Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

                              Comment

                              320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

                              Collapse

                              728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X