As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Romini lining carpet

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Romini lining carpet

OK.Just a thought. Do any of the Romini owners have lining carpet(the same that is on the walls and roof of the van) inside the cupboards, particularly the two at the front above the table area.
    The reason I ask is, that when I visited Goro's van last week and had a peak inside his cupboards(as you do) theynere lined with the same cream coloured carpet that is in the interior of the van. My cupboards however are just fibreglass with no covering and my two front cupboards actually have a layer of polystyrenene, part of which fell off last year and I had to stick it back on. I'm toying with the idea of replacing the poly with this lining carpet, which I gather you put on with spray adhesive. It will not get done until next year, because it is a tricky area to work in. Just wondered if anyone else had the polystyrene inside the cupboards.

Pam

Hi, know nothing about Rominis, sorry - but Freedoms are similar construction and the roof and wall lining material goes on to all the fibreglass and then the units are bolted on top, so the backs of all the cupboards are all lined. Need it for insulation.

When (if) I get round to replacing the lining on my Freedom I intend to line the whole thing in carpet.

Comment

romini lining

Originally posted by Caz View Post
      Hi, know nothing about Rominis, sorry - but Freedoms are similar construction and the roof and wall lining material goes on to all the fibreglass and then the units are bolted on top, so the backs of all the cupboards are all lined. Need it for insulation.

When (if) I get round to replacing the lining on my Freedom I intend to line the whole thing in carpet.
      I know i can get a metre of this stuff which hould be enough to inside the font cupboard an could be good insulation

Pam

Comment

. . . . I'm more used to lining GRP Boats. In the past I used industrial grade HD Carpet and stuck it on with gallons of Evostik. Most people now use double-sided carpet tape to fasten it. Simply rip it all out every 5-10 years, use it as templates for new carpet panels and refit using more tape.

My Romini is my first ever caravan and I assumed that the lining was sprayed onto the bare GRP. However, I found several ads on eBay for Veltrim and moldable carpet like lining. Looks interesting!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5MTR-VAN-L...-/320651551796

Steve
        Steve Carey

Comment

That looks better than standard cheap carpet, more flexible so easier to fit - but I wonder how insulating it is?

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
          Working...
          X