This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New owner

Hi all. Been here for a month or so but now have a Romini. There is no serial number on the hinge(s) but according to the label, it was made by Island Plastics. It's in pretty good condition apart from the front window is cracked in a few places and the rear road lights are not working properly.

What pressure should be in the tyres (145 R10) ?

A few pics:

Bye for now

Steve
    Steve Carey

Looks very smart and I like the idea of drawers under the table - or are they knee bangers? I have not seen that feature before on a Romini.
    I am guessing really, but I would run them at about 32 - 34 PSI. The 145 section of the tyre matters more than diameter. The object is to get a flat footprint of the tyre on the ground with the load spread evenly over the tread.
    If you cannot find any information, draw a chalk line across the tread from one side to the other and tow the normally laden caravan a few yards on flat level ground. If the chalk mark wears out at the tread edge it is too soft. If it wears out in the tread centre, too hard. Adjust and note the pressure which produces wear across the whole chalk line. This is NOT a Heath Robinson Method, it is based on sound principles!
    Check the side of the hitch for numbers and also the upper EDGE of the wardrobe door.
    Welcome to the Forum.
    Jim.
    Last edited by Twolitre; 11-11-2011, 07:06.
    Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

Nice little Romini, welcome from me.

Comment

. . . . Thanks both!

The tyres feel hard, like 40+psi hard. I'll have a play.

I'll let you know about the two drawers later. later like when my knees are black and blue. I've only sat at the table once and never caught them. Hey, those little drawers are velvet lined!

I'm not sure if I'll be able to repair the front window cracks with a hot-melt gun or silicone-sealant or whether I'll be sourcing a replacement unit!

There is no 220V AC connection to the van, so I guess that the Fridge is GAS/12V DC. There is also NO 12V battery anywhere and no hanging wires/connectors etc. I'm sure in a day or so I'll have it all worked out.

Thanks for the info and good wishes.

Bye for now

Steve
        Steve Carey

Comment

Hi Steve

Welcome to the forum, as you have probably noticed we have lots of Romini owners on here and they are growing every day.

Great to have you on board.
          Graham
          Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

It is absolutely lovely!

It would be good if Romahome could produce these again... they really are the 'bees knees'. There is a bit of a market now for tiny caravans and not many people producing them ....... most of the caravans need a huge vehicle to tow them.

Comment

They look amazing little vans.
              Carpe diem! :)

Comment

Thanks for all the greetings messages. Yes it's a lovely design and apart from a bit of wet damage on the inside of the lower door and the hairline cracks in the front window, my one it beautiful. There seem to be only a few others anything like the Romini. Both the Going Cockpit and the Freedom Microlite are a little bigger but neither have that "Quirky" look!

I also have the matching Awning but have not yet had the opportunity to unpack and inspect it!

Great little Van, great forum!

Bye for now

Steve

Comment

Glad you are happy with it.
                  Strange you have water damage though, they seem to be so watertight (at keeping water out, not in!).
                  I now know where you are located, but have you found any numbers yet to post in "I have a Romini".
                  Regards, Jim.
                  Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

twin1

Well done,its so pretty,hope you have lots of fun with it.

Comment

Hi and welcome to the forum!

Captain Tolleys creeping crack cure might fix the window, although you may still see the cracks, worth a go though, new windows are extremely expensive!

Comment

Glad you are happy with it.
                        Strange you have water damage though, they seem to be so watertight (at keeping water out, not in!).
                        I now know where you are located, but have you found any numbers yet to post in "I have a Romini".
                        Regards, Jim.
                        I've not investigated but it looks like the inner lining of the rear door halves is plastic coated wood? I think that spray has got sucked in when on the move. The ventilation grill in the lower door is just above the damage. I'm sure it's nothing serious. I'll have a further look at it tomorrow and take a picture.

Steve

Comment

Thanks for posting the photos, it looks wonderful and very well kept too.

I have also just purchased s Romini and am hopefully picking it up next weekend. So it was really nice to see the inside of yours.

I will be trying to find a new window for mine so maybe we can share information on what we find.

Bet you are thrilled with our purchase, have you thought of a name yet, I like ugly bug or Dinkie for mine,
                          MS.RoMiNi

Comment

Please can anyone tell me whether my new Romini will look like Steve's. I really hope so, I know the table won't be the same but would like to think apart from a lack of fridge the design would be the same . Will mine have the matching pellet too, I hope so

I am so jealous that you have an awning too Steve, wish mine had one...
                            Did you pick it up locally? I have to travel 600 mile round trip for mine but I'm sure it will be worth it I'm sure.
                            MS.RoMiNi

Comment

Hi and welcome to the forum!

Captain Tolleys creeping crack cure might fix the window, although you may still see the cracks, worth a go though, new windows are extremely expensive!
                              JayJay (and Sobby) I got mine from a trailer tent dealer in the midlands who had taken it in as a part exchange! He only charged me £30 to deliver it. He told me about the cracks in the front window and offered to seal them with silicone sealant. I told him not to worry, I'll sort it out this end. I've built, owned and modified many sailing boats over he years, so keeping things sealed up is must. I have tubes of almost everything here. I've seen a few suitable near identical windows on eBay and very reasonable prices. However, I think I will seal it for the time being. With perspex (acrylic) windows on boats, I used to fill holes using a hot-melt gun. Trimming off the excess once it cools down. Nice neat job. Come on, tell me . . . what is the "Captain Tolleys creeping crack cure"? I guess it involves drilling a hole at then end of the crack to stop it from spreading any further?

Bye for now

Steve

Last edited by G4MJW; 13-11-2011, 22:36.
                              Steve Carey

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X