As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Romini for sale

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Romini for sale

I've just come across a Romini or sale which was posted on a free ads website on 16th. it has been refurbed. In Sheffied. Don't know how to do link but the website is called Free ads your local market place and is under caravan and camping. I came across it by googling Romini for sale. Just in case anyone was interested. They are looking for £2750

Pam
    Also found on Preloved
    Last edited by pamsicle; 17-11-2011, 18:47.

Here you go:

http://www.freeads.co.uk/uk/buy__sel...y-375-kg/view#

It does look VERY nice

Sheila

Comment

romini for sale

Originally posted by cesky2000 View Post
      Here you go:

http://www.freeads.co.uk/uk/buy__sel...y-375-kg/view#

It does look VERY nice

Sheila
      Thanks for the help with link

Pam

Comment

Nice find Pam. Only 7 miles from me!

No date is given, but it is the first I have seen with pictures showing "pigeon holes" in the bulkhead below the front window. Mine, No. 199 - dated 1988, has these, so I think it might be a very late one. I was puzzled by the replacement of "wood". Unless it means cupboard and locker doors, because the only other wood in a Romini is the bottom boards of the seat and backrest cushions.

If anyone is interested I am prepared to view and offer a preliminary opinion as it is so close to me.
        Jim.
        Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

Originally posted by Pam Park View Post
          I've just come across a Romini or sale which was posted on a free ads website on 16th. it has been refurbed. In Sheffied. Don't know how to do link but the website is called Free ads your local market place and is under caravan and camping. I came across it by googling Romini for sale. Just in case anyone was interested. They are looking for £2750

Pam
          Also found on Preloved
          Just found this ad, I like the original seats rather than the recovered ones, I wonder if it will be sold at this price, they tend to go for more in spring and summer time. I would love to ask them about the replaced windows as one of mine needs replacing.
          MS.RoMiNi

Comment

Originally posted by Twolitre View Post
            Nice find Pam. Only 7 miles from me!

No date is given, but it is the first I have seen with pictures showing "pigeon holes" in the bulkhead below the front window. Mine, No. 199 - dated 1988, has these, so I think it might be a very late one. I was puzzled by the replacement of "wood". Unless it means cupboard and locker doors, because the only other wood in a Romini is the bottom boards of the seat and backrest cushions.

If anyone is interested I am prepared to view and offer a preliminary opinion as it is so close to me.
            Jim.
            That is a very kind offer from you Jim. I wish the one I had bought was closer, but hey it's a grand cheaper so can't have all can I
            MS.RoMiNi

Comment

I don't think they are original seats. Every other picture we have where seats have not been recovered are are a ribbed?/stripey?/checked? pattern. WELL! I am not an interior designer! Or thinking further would "plaid" be better?

Why not ring and chat Sobby? There is a 'phone number and the worst they can do is put the phone down.

You might even find out where the windows were sourced. They may even still have the original windows.

Jim.

Addition: You posted while I was typing Sobby. I think the price is optimistic. Particularly at this time of year. But who knows?
              Last edited by Twolitre; 17-11-2011, 22:36.

Comment

I don't think they are original seats. Every other picture we have where seats have not been recovered are are a ribbed?/stripey?/checked? pattern. WELL! I am not an interior designer! Or thinking further would "plaid" be better?

Why not ring and chat Sobby? There is a 'phone number and the worst they can do is put the phone down.

You might even find out where the windows were sourced. They may even still have the original windows.

Jim.

Addition: You posted while I was typing Sobby. I think the price is optimistic. Particularly at this time of year. But who knows?

I think you are right, that's why I bought both my caravans in winter as they are quite a bit cheaper.

I wonder what number it is. It might be worth emailing and asking them to pass on your email to the new owners so the forum can keep tabs on it once it's moved to a new home... Unless of course a forum member can't resist it. might text my nieces boyfriend as he wanted to know what I would sell mine for the day I bought it and he has plenty of money
                MS.RoMiNi

Comment

Romini for sale

Jim.

Just a thought about the material the seat covers are made from. I remember manynyears ago that a lot of say dining rooom chairs had this tupe of thick striped material which I believe my mother called marqette or something like that. I'll see if I can find something on the net. Just because I have nothing better to do with my morning until I go swimmingPam

Comment

To quote the ad: the windows have been removed new wood and resealed,the body joint also been resealed,new tyres,recovered seats,walls re lined

It sounds to me that they have taken out the windows (which were leaking enough to require new wooden struts) resealed and then the original windows put back in. And a body joint (?) also resealed. So it sounds to me as if they have had major water ingress, enough to rot parts of the internal wooden framework, wreck the seats and peel off the wall linings. That's if I'm reading the description right.

As you say a little optomistic on the price, and I'd definately take a good damp meter with me if I were going to view.

Comment

Originally posted by jayjay View Post
                      To quote the ad: the windows have been removed new wood and resealed,the body joint also been resealed,new tyres,recovered seats,walls re lined

It sounds to me that they have taken out the windows (which were leaking enough to require new wooden struts) resealed and then the original windows put back in. And a body joint (?) also resealed. So it sounds to me as if they have had major water ingress, enough to rot parts of the internal wooden framework, wreck the seats and peel off the wall linings. That's if I'm reading the description right.

As you say a little optomistic on the price, and I'd definately take a good damp meter with me if I were going to view.
                      Ain't no wooden struts jayjay (sorry about the double negative - Derbyshire talk!)
                      There is NO wooden frame in a Romini. Which accounts for their longevity. Only wooden doors etc.
                      Any leaks around the windows could, I suppose, wreck or stain the fabric wall linings, but not much else. The only joints in the body are between the upper and lower GRP mouldings at the waist line, which I doubt would ever leak (it is built like a box with a lid on). And of course around the skylight, which by its nature needs a hole in the roof.
                      I would say that most of the refurbishment is for cosmetic reasons or because the windows were broken.
                      I did notice there is no table visible. Perhaps that was removed for the photographs?
                      Jim.
                      Last edited by Twolitre; 18-11-2011, 10:36.

Comment

it,s my romini thats for sale

Ain't no wooden struts jayjay (sorry about the double negative - Derbyshire talk!)
                        There is NO wooden frame in a Romini. Which accounts for their longevity. Only wooden doors etc.
                        Any leaks around the windows could, I suppose, wreck or stain the fabric wall linings, but not much else. The only joints in the body are between the upper and lower GRP mouldings at the waist line, which I doubt would ever leak (it is built like a box with a lid on). And of course around the skylight, which by its nature needs a hole in the roof.
                        I would say that most of the refurbishment is for cosmetic reasons or because the windows were broken.
                        I did notice there is no table visible. Perhaps that was removed for the photographs?
                        Jim.
                        hi,yes its my romini that is for sale no water ingress from the windows or body joint we just had the work done so it would last longer,the body moulding was removed and had new sealer put behind just as a precaution you never know it could have let water in at a later time i think it's 1988 or 1999 the £2750 is ono spent £1200 on the work cheers cossack:so happy:

Comment

it is my romini that is for sale

hi to all,all the work was done just to make the little one last a lot longer,there was no water ingress before the work was done, the windows were removed and new sealer put round the joint,same as the body moulding,just a precaution that's all,the inside was relined new doors on cupboards,all gas serviced,and all the electrics sorted out lights etc,all the work cost £1200 but the price is ono not the best time to sell and yes no table thanx cossack

Comment

I stand corrected Jim!

Comment

I accepted jayjays reply and did question myself about a wooden frame around the window. Thought that I had made a mistake thinking it was all fibreglass.
                              MS.RoMiNi

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X