This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Windows for Romini

I saw mention in a recent message of Eeco-Ltd for replacement Caravan Windows. My front window has numerous hairline cracks resulting in green mold in between the perspex layers and damp patches in the lining carpet around the inner rubber.

I completed the on-line window quote application form duly completed with approximate size etc. Within a day or two I received a quote which also appears to have been sent to 4 other people at the same time! I wonder if anyone else on here is replacing their FRONT window?

When getting quotes for things like this, I always say "OUCH". I actually expected it to be a bit more and am quite happy to shell-out for it as it should hopefully, never need replacing again. The price including collection and re-delivery, all-in is £279.60 and they say the complete process to receiving a new window is 2-3 weeks. Pretty good.

I now have my Romini sheeted over and hopefully will remove the window tomorrow.

Steve
    Steve Carey

Thats good for the large front window, must see how much they charge for the side window problem, is I don't have any window openers either
    MS.RoMiNi

Comment

Do they take your old one and make a new moulding from it?
      MS.RoMiNi

Comment

Do they take your old one and make a new moulding from it?
        . . . . Yes that's what they do.

You remove your old window, pack it and email them when it's ready for collection. They send in a carrier to collect it. They them make or modify an existing mold to produce a new window that will fit your aperture. Then return it by carrier.

Yes, the side opening windows are quite a bit smaller. It might be interesting to know how much they would cost. My own side windows are OK.

Steve
        Steve Carey

Comment

Originally posted by G4MJW View Post
          . . . . Yes that's what they do.

You remove your old window, pack it and email them when it's ready for collection. They send in a carrier to collect it. They them make or modify an existing mold to produce a new window that will fit your aperture. Then return it by carrier.

Yes, the side opening windows are quite a bit smaller. It might be interesting to know how much they would cost. My own side windows are OK.

Steve
          Hi Steve, I've just seen a second hand caravan window on eBay for £185 so your price seems great for a new mould, I shall email them in the morning once I search these threads for the window size
          MS.RoMiNi

Comment

Sobby, I looked at a few S/H Windows on eBay and elsewhere for around the price you mentioned. If they are a bit bigger, I'd have no problems opening the aperture slightly BUT problems if it's a bit smaller with risk of it being pushed out by pressure when on a motorway at 60MPH!

My experience with acrylic boat windows (and anything else made from acrylic) that over a period of time, hot, cold, UV etc they go brittle with the risk of cracking. I decided NOT to pay half as much for a S/H unit as I may well be in the same situation needing a replacement in only perhaps as much as 12 months time.

I told Eeco LTD that the window was approximately 49" X 23" doubled-glazed but when it's removed I'll get a more accurate measurement. Anyway, this is roughly the size you should be looking for.

Incidentally, it's worth replacing the rubber at the same time. Mine is definitely on the way out. Wilkes Rubber in Tollesbury, Essex is where I've always got it from but there again, they are only several miles away from me! You probably have someone more locally.

Steve
            Steve Carey

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
            Working...
            X