Romini Caravan advice please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Romini Caravan advice please

Hello there, I have recently become the proud owner of a little Romini. It’s going to be a work in progress as it needs a little bit of tlc. Can anyone help out with where I can source appropriate parts like window catches, jockey wheel and wheel rims. Here’s hoping, thank You, Rach

Hi Rachel and welcome, I’ve moved your post to here our Romini section where you are more likely to get an answer.
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Hi Rachel Hearn Welcome to the site!

Sorry, can't help with your queries but I'm sure someone will be along soon who can.

Cute little caravans, I hope you manage to get yours up to scratch.
      Cynthia

Comment

Hello Rachel Hearn

Comment

Hi and welcome!

Comment

Thanks folks for your kind welcome. Looking forward to getting my little van up to spec over the summer. Advice on where to source parts or alternatives gratefully received. 😁

Comment

I'm no expert on the Romini but i looked at mine and i'm sure the jockey is a standard size you can get at almost any caravan/trailer dealer, the road wheels should be standard 13" car wheels and unless you want the original trims then any car accessory shop will have a choice of styles; the window catches I forgot look at but will do tomorrow this website is probably worth a look. https://www.caravanbreakers.net/ Hope this is some help.

Comment

Thanks RussP, I was hoping I could go down the breakers route for some 13” wheels and trims. Good news on the jockey wheel . I will unbolt it and get it replaced when I get a chance. The window catches need replacement. Along with the rear running lights as one of mine is smashed. I looked at some small replacement 12V caravan. Van lights too. I am happy to fit these unless I can source the original lights. The big renovation starts in June once the little van comes out of storage, can’t wait. Any advice anyone can supply between now and then is much appreciated. 😁

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel Hearn View Post
                  Thanks folks for your kind welcome. Looking forward to getting my little van up to spec over the summer. Advice on where to source parts or alternatives gratefully received. 😁
                  Hi Rachel. Yes I’m doing same as you. Bits and pieces needed but great fun working on these little vans 😁

Comment

There were two types of window catches on Romani the ones my window had were the flat type not easy to come by. The other ones were Elbe. There is a firm in Derby where I got mine from. He seems to have a stock of them. I believe it was called Columbia caravans Run by Guy, a nice fella. I’ve done some write ups on Romani things like putting in new liner and window problems look for my posts under Pamsicle. Or Romani refurbishment. Hope they help

Pam

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X