As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Romini Window Hardware

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Romini Window Hardware

Hello - I purchased a 1985 Romini in the UK in 2005 and shipped it to the US to tow behind my 1971 Gilbern and my 1973 Mini. This needed some restoration and I finally got round to this. It has no interior Contour window catches or support stays for the windows. I have looked on the UK sites and written to several on line UK sources for what should be in place, but so far without much success. Can anybody help me in finding the original type hardware? Thanks - any help will be much appreciated! Bob

Hi Expat and welcome to the forum

I can't help you with your search but I'm sure someone more knowledgable than me will be along shortly.
    We would love to see some photos of your outfit. I tow behind a Mini too, some of my photos can be found here.

http://smallmotorhome.co.uk/forum/album.php?albumid=53

good luck with your quest.

Peter

Comment

Hi,
      I must have missed this post and only just found it.
      I have no knowledge of the manufacturers of the parts you want/need. But if pictures are of any help I am willing to photograph mine and post them on here.
      There are many Romini pictures on this Forum - both inside and outside which may help. Though they may need searching for.
      I had in mind that being able to show pictures to possible suppliers may help. Sorry if you have tried that way.
      You must have the only Romini in America! I would love to see a picture of the Gilbern and your Romini. What MUST be a unique combination.
      My outfit might also be unique as I tow my Romini with the car at the top left of this post. Actually a Triumph masquerading as an MG TF.
      I would not mind betting that very few besides you and I know what a Gilbern is! I have not seen one for years.
      I would also bet that one or two on here will be Googleing to find out.
      Jim.
      Last edited by Twolitre; 02-05-2012, 16:48.
      Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

Thanks Peter - Will post some photos shortly. Regards, Bob

Originally posted by Mayfair Pete View Post
        Hi Expat and welcome to the forum

I can't help you with your search but I'm sure someone more knowledgable than me will be along shortly.
        We would love to see some photos of your outfit. I tow behind a Mini too, some of my photos can be found here.

http://smallmotorhome.co.uk/forum/album.php?albumid=53

good luck with your quest.

Peter

Comment

Hello Jim - Thanks. If you could please send me a photo of the latch and stay, I would appreciate it! I will post some photos shortly, when I get the Romini ready for the road. The Gilbern Estate is probably the only one in the US also. Bob

Originally posted by Twolitre View Post
          Hi,
          I must have missed this post and only just found it.
          I have no knowledge of the manufacturers of the parts you want/need. But if pictures are of any help I am willing to photograph mine and post them on here.
          There are many Romini pictures on this Forum - both inside and outside which may help. Though they may need searching for.
          I had in mind that being able to show pictures to possible suppliers may help. Sorry if you have tried that way.
          You must have the only Romini in America! I would love to see a picture of the Gilbern and your Romini. What MUST be a unique combination.
          My outfit might also be unique as I tow my Romini with the car at the top left of this post. Actually a Triumph masquerading as an MG TF.
          I would not mind betting that very few besides you and I know what a Gilbern is! I have not seen one for years.
          I would also bet that one or two on here will be Googleing to find out.
          Jim.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
          Working...
          X