As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Romini Drain holes

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Romini Drain holes

I don't know if any other Romini owners have the problem of wet carpet by the door when it has been raining. I have had a couple of wet carpet occasions. Came up with this idea.
    Drilled 2 holes down through the door sill and through the bodywork then cut a piece of aluminium tube and pushed it through the hole so water could drain out the body. Let's hope it keeps the carpet dry.

Neatly done Pam, but should you not be looking at where the water is getting in in the first place? Is it possibly something to do with the door lock as C15 owners have found?
    Better a rainy day on the hill than a sunny day in the office!

Comment

Drain holes

Originally posted by Huff View Post
      Neatly done Pam, but should you not be looking at where the water is getting in in the first place? Is it possibly something to do with the door lock as C15 owners have found?
      I've checked after heavy rain and found that water haspooled on the sill and the carpet is soaking. My other caravan has a central hole where the wSter drains which is what made me try it with the Romini. I,0've tried draft excluder all around the door,a bead of sealant in corners and he carpet still gets wet.It's like the water is trapped and ith nowhere to go it spills over the black door seal at the bottom and onto the carpet. Pam

Comment

Neat solution, Pam! My caravan slopes outwards at the rear, so I always got a puddle just inside the door where the water drained down the outside then found its way in. Took me a while to figure out why it was getting in. I fashioned a bottom 'door flap' from Gorilla tape and never had a problem since. It saved getting a rubber one and having to fix it on somehow. As it stuck very well and looks just like a 'proper' one, I've never replaced it.

Comment

Here's the pics of my job. It was hard to stick on, now I recall, as the outside of my door is 'dimpled' like the caravan sides. So I used some gorilla glue as well! You can see how the back of my caravan slopes!

I used the widest gorilla tape for the outside edge, then cut some in half and put it back to back, so there is no sticky inside edge at the bottom. Then the sticky bit was just at the top and stuck to the outside. Nobody ever notices it's just made out of tape!!
          Attached Files
          Last edited by jayjay; 27-09-2012, 19:23.

Comment

Drain holes

Originally posted by jayjay View Post
            Here's the pics of my job. It was hard to stick on, now I recall, as the outside of my door is 'dimpled' like the caravan sides. So I used some gorilla glue as well! You can see how the back of my caravan slopes!

I used the widest gorilla tape for the outside edge, then cut some in half and put it back to back, so there is no sticky inside edge at the bottom. Then the sticky bit was just at the top and stuck to the outside. Nobody ever notices it's just made out of tape!!
            As long as it works. That's the main thing. Pam

Comment

Originally posted by Pam Park View Post
              I've checked after heavy rain and found that water haspooled on the sill and the carpet is soaking. My other caravan has a central hole where the wSter drains which is what made me try it with the Romini. I,0've tried draft excluder all around the door,a bead of sealant in corners and he carpet still gets wet.It's like the water is trapped and ith nowhere to go it spills over the black door seal at the bottom and onto the carpet. Pam
              When I had a mysterious leak on my roma, I got my Dad to stand with a hosepipe trained on the bit in question. Then I could see exactly where the water was coming in. Until I did this, I had also tried various sealants in different places (on a sealed side window) without success as I was trying to stop it coming in in the wrong places! See if you can get a friend to come and use a hosepipe on the door while you go inside and look to see where it's coming in.

You could try some of the excellent stuff I've got around my caravan door if it's coming in there - its an enforced rubber seal which goes around the outside of the door and you tap it on gently with a small hammer.

http://www.sealsdirect.co.uk/shoppin...DepartmentId=8

Edge trims and seals - down the page a bit, ET57. You can see it around the door on my van. If I could have got it along the bottom edge, it would have meant I didn't need the tape door flap, but it wouldn't fit there. You can ask for a sample, so that you can see if it will fit before you buy.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
              Working...
              X