X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graham
    replied
    It just goes to show that this forum is read far and wide.

Leave a comment:

• Mayfair Pete
    replied
    Thats mine now

Having spent a while searching through the forum I found this thread and realised that this is the van that I bought.

Peter

Leave a comment:

• Romini Rose
    replied
    Romahome Romini Info

Originally posted by hvanbree View Post
    Hello,
    I recently joint this forum. I live in Belgium in a small town between Ghent and Brussels. I have a Romini caravan build in 1990. They are very rare in this area. It is also hard to find any information. I found out that they were manufactured on the Isle of White and that there are some of them still are used in the UK. Are there members of this forum owning a Romani? Is it possible to get any spare parts of this mini-caravan. I thought the last one was built in 1990. Any reaction would be great.
    Regards,

HvB
    Hi there,

I actually live on the Isle of Wight, very close to the old Island Plastics factory that made the old Romahomes. They made the Romini from the late 1980's - 1990ish. They were previously GRP Boat Builders and turned their fibreglass skills into making motorhome bodies. If your Romini still has its original door and hinges, open the door and look at the top hing and there should be some numbers hand punched into hinge, they read down from the top. On the left the top number is the model number, the two numbers under that are the year, on the right of that is the individual caravan number. Mine says (reading down) left 787--meaning model 7 built 1987. Right 187--meaning number 187 of approximately 200 made in total. After Island Plastics ceased trading Romahome Limited was set up and are now based in Cowes, Isle of Wight, making all the new Romahome Motorhomes. I have been into the Romahome factory before and spoken to a couple of the guys who used to work for Island Plastics, when I had a Daihatsu Demountable Romahome. Unfortunately they don't have spare parts for the old vehicles, so its a case of finding a suitable alternative, for example fiamma wind up roof light will fit and the sink tap pump is the sort you would find in a boat chandlers, etc, etc. If there is anything else in particular you would like to know I can try and find out for you. Regards Rose.

Leave a comment:

• pendel
    replied
    I think there was a Romini at our Wolverley meet ! They are great little vans and ideal for a lone traveller. Why not come across in October with your Romini to our next meet up. Details on "Do you fancy meeting up" You will be more than welcome.

Leave a comment:

• Graham
    replied
    Originally posted by hvanbree View Post
    Hello,
    I recently joint this forum. I live in Belgium in a small town between Ghent and Brussels. I have a Romini caravan build in 1990. They are very rare in this area. It is also hard to find any information. I found out that they were manufactured on the Isle of White and that there are some of them still are used in the UK. Are there members of this forum owning a Romani? Is it possible to get any spare parts of this mini-caravan. I thought the last one was built in 1990. Any reaction would be great.
    Regards,

HvB
    Hi Hvanbree

Welcome to our forum, your Romini looks lovely, aren't they cute little vans? It's nice to know yours has made it over to the continent.

You are right they were built on the Isle of Wight by a company called Island Plastics which later turned into Romahome Ltd., sadly they are no longer manufactured.

We have some other Romini owners on here, so hopefully they may be able to answer some of your questions.

Jonee4 is a Romini owner so is Seagrub, have you seen this thread?
    http://smallmotorhome.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=426

Leave a comment:

• hvanbree
    started a topic Romani caravan

Romani caravan

Hello,
    Regards,

HvB
    Attached Files

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
Working...
X