As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Romini owners. What's in your box

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange as it may seem. I've just noticed the rubber trim on the inside of my front box. Don't know if this should go all the way around. What do other Romini owners have in their box. Pam

Hmmmnn does look a bit peculiar stopping where it does!

I don't have any seal at all on my caravan front box, so can't help in that way re. the Romini. It does look like it should go all the way around, but I can't see a mark where a previous owner would have taken it off, for example, if the box lid wouldn't shut properly, as it looks a hefty seal. Maybe it was put around the back as a seal to stop water getting in at the back, and either not required at the front/would be too big to shut if put at the front.

It doesn't look like it should be there at all, but there must be a reason!

Comment

Romini what's in your box

Originally posted by jayjay View Post
      Hmmmnn does look a bit peculiar stopping where it does!

I don't have any seal at all on my caravan front box, so can't help in that way re. the Romini. It does look like it should go all the way around, but I can't see a mark where a previous owner would have taken it off, for example, if the box lid wouldn't shut properly, as it looks a hefty seal. Maybe it was put around the back as a seal to stop water getting in at the back, and either not required at the front/would be too big to shut if put at the front.

It doesn't look like it should be there at all, but there must be a reason!
      Funny you should say that Jayjay about leaking. When I first got the van and was having it checked by my local caravan man. I mentioned how water would get into the box. I can't remember now whether he said he had some spare seal lying around and he fitted it in. Pam

Comment

Ah-Ha! The mystery is solved! It would explain why it doesn't go all the way around if that's the case.

You could always buy a new piece that did though, from seals direct. If you sent them a piece of it, they would be able to match it, I'm sure.

However, If there's no longer water getting in there, it's doing a good job!

Comment

Ah-Ha! The mystery is solved! It would explain why it doesn't go all the way around if that's the case.

You could always buy a new piece that did though, from seals direct. If you sent them a piece of it, they would be able to match it, I'm sure.

However, If there's no longer water getting in there, it's doing a good job!
          I've seen similar seal on ebay. it's a girl thing really wanting the seal all the wAy around. Pam

Comment

Originally posted by pamsicle View Post
            Strange as it may seem. I've just noticed the rubber trim on the inside of my front box. Don't know if this should go all the way around. What do other Romini owners have in their box. Pam
            Think this is the stuffhttp://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2211617661...=p5197.c0.m619

Comment

That looks like the very thing, Pam! I would want it to go all the way around as well.

I bought seals for the door, they didn't go on easily as they were reinforced with wire. The seal in your link looks the same (Well Done with the link, Pam!!),

What you need to do, if it doesn't just push on, is tap it on with a small hammer using gentle taps. Also think where you want the join to be. I would suggest a corner rather than centre back (might leak there if it has before) or the centre front (might channel water in if on the road).

Let us know how you get on!

Comment

Romini owners what's in your box

That looks like the very thing, Pam! I would want it to go all the way around as well.

I bought seals for the door, they didn't go on easily as they were reinforced with wire. The seal in your link looks the same (Well Done with the link, Pam!!),

What you need to do, if it doesn't just push on, is tap it on with a small hammer using gentle taps. Also think where you want the join to be. I would suggest a corner rather than centre back (might leak there if it has before) or the centre front (might channel water in if on the road).

Let us know how you get on!
                Here is what it looks like with the new seal

Comment

Looks beautiful now
                  Carpe diem! :)

Comment

No rubber seal on my box?.

Am a bit worried about keeping anything in there though as not very secure.

Went to visit "Rosie' today, only the second time I've seen her since I bought her. Tried out the lights, most of them OK, but reversing light, front little sidelights and one tail light out. Anyone know what number the bulbs are for these and are they readily available?

Comment

Originally posted by maddy View Post
                      No rubber seal on my box?.

Am a bit worried about keeping anything in there though as not very secure.

Went to visit "Rosie' today, only the second time I've seen her since I bought her. Tried out the lights, most of them OK, but reversing light, front little sidelights and one tail light out. Anyone know what number the bulbs are for these and are they readily available?
                      I would imagine that the bulbs are universal and you should get them at any caravan shop or car shop. Just take the bulb in.

My box was broken into last year little but I don't keep anything in. Although I id have a padlock on it, do they must have thought that was something worth having. It cost me a new hasp and I don't put a padlock on anymore. So the little are welcome to look. Pam

Comment

Thanks for the warning Pam. I suspect more damage would be caused if they had to break in. Not worth keeping anything in there by the sound of it then.

Oh and changed the tyres too, as walls all cracked on the ones it came with. Not worth the risk methinks.

Can't wait to try her out, probably the first May bank holiday. She's so cute!

Comment

Ooo that looks better, Pam! A lot neater, well done with that.

Why don't the Rominis have a lockable front locker? My caravan was made around the same time and it has the usual funny toffee hammer locks, better than nothing, but anyone with a knack could get into it.

I couldn't find the key once, and so couldn't turn on either the gas or the 12v (both in the same place) until I found that my car ignition key did the same thing - so mine isn't very secure either! Any old flat thing that is the right size (eg flat screwdriver) would open it with ease.

I keep all sorts in mine - at one end is the 12v leisure battery, in the middle is the gas bottle and pipes (yes I know they shouldn't be in the same compartment -but have always been this way!) then I have a tarp (I always carry one) the handle for the motor mover, a spare jockey wheel, a set of tools, leg steady winder thingy, the metal things that go underneath the steadies, extra pegs for the awning in case required.. the list goes on!

Comment

Originally posted by maddy View Post
                            Thanks for the warning Pam. I suspect more damage would be caused if they had to break in. Not worth keeping anything in there by the sound of it then.

Oh and changed the tyres too, as walls all cracked on the ones it came with. Not worth the risk methinks.

Can't wait to try her out, probably the first May bank holiday. She's so cute!
                            Glad you changed the tyres, they should be changed every five years. There's a date on them somewhere. The 'spares' mine came with were more than cracked, you could actually see bare wire?canvas?, the stuff that is underneath the rubber on all of them. They were all rubbish, and I had to get a new spare tyre, which cuased me loads of probs, as the ones fitted were larger, and a larger one wouldn't fit on the front of the van on the A frame without a fair bit of thinking and adjusting.

If you get the bulbs out and take them to a local motorshop, they always seem to have the right ones to replace. Just reminded me, I need a new one for my side light. If new ones still don't work, try cleaning and then very gently bending the contacts in towards where the bulb fits.

Comment

Glad you changed the tyres, they should be changed every five years. There's a date on them somewhere. The 'spares' mine came with were more than cracked, you could actually see bare wire?canvas?, the stuff that is underneath the rubber on all of them. They were all rubbish, and I had to get a new spare tyre, which cuased me loads of probs, as the ones fitted were larger, and a larger one wouldn't fit on the front of the van on the A frame without a fair bit of thinking and adjusting.

If you get the bulbs out and take them to a local motorshop, they always seem to have the right ones to replace. Just reminded me, I need a new one for my side light. If new ones still don't work, try cleaning and then very gently bending the contacts in towards where the bulb fits.
                              Note Make sure the caravan is unplugged whilst cleaning and adjusting any contacts or you risk blowing fuses or worse

Alf

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X