Phoenix Camping Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phoenix Camping Club

I've just joined Phoenix, the club for people who live and camp alone, and wondered if anybody on this forum is a member?

Chris

Not a member of Phoenix but I have joined The New Companion Club and been on a week's holiday to Cornwall. I really would recommend anyone on their own to join one of these groups as we had such an enjoyable time. It's good to do your own thing once in a while but its not a lot a fun always sightseeing on your own.

Comment

Phoenix Club

Yes. I have just joined and had a great time in Perth. There is lots I like about it. We met at 10.15 each morning and planned the day. There was no pressure to join in but nobody was left out. We met up again at about 8pm. Nothing was a bother. We took our own drinks - tea, coffee , wine etc. Meals taken outside we ordered individually and paid for our own. It was just so easy and relaxing. I would thoroughly recommend it.

Comment

There are a lot of us

Hi, I've just come back from the pre-meet and the Phoenix AGM. We're a friendly group. No couples allowed. Just a lot of single people who enjoy the company of others while we're company but are happy to camp alone (or be left alone if that's the way we want it) when on a site. Its great to have company when exploring new places or to go out with in the evening. I don't care for dining alone in a pub or restaurant. I've recently moved to Bicester from Chippenham and have been on the road a lot this year with both the New Companions Camping Club and Phoenix. I enjoy camping with both but for different reasons.

Comment

Good morning all,
          i’ve just joined this group and wondered if there’s much going in the south of the country. I’m fairly new to motorhoming and would like to venture up north and to south west eventually but wondered if people camp in the south east/south of the country? I think I need a bit of Dutch courage. I live in Kent.
          Hoping for a reply
          Shell.

Comment

Hello Shell1001 and welcome to the site

Comment

hi shell. we live near Canterbury. no dutch courage needed. just plunge in. we all started at the beginning!

Comment

Welcome! You are sure to find lots of help and encouragement here.
                Claire

Comment

Hi Shell, I’m not sure whether you are meaning joining in with our group or the Phoenix Club.

If you want to join one of our meets check out the “Fancy Meeting Up” section.

The Phoenix Camping Club are nothing to do with us although we have several members who also belong to that club.
                  Graham
                  Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Yes Graham, I did intent to join the Phoenix group for people who camp alone.
                    Not quite sure how I got it wrong. Probably a senior moment lol.
                    Regards
                    Shell.

Comment

Hi Shell1001 and other enquirers about the Phoenix Club. I am a member but haven't been to any of their meets since Christmas. Not that I don't want to go, just seem to have so much else to do! I enjoy camping on my own but there are occasions when it's nice to have some company. If you have joined you should be getting a newsletter, listing all the meets and rallies. There are normally meets going on all over the country - or countries, as of course plenty of meets and tours of Scotland and Wales as well,
                      plus the West Country. During the winter there are fewer meets but there are get togethers for pub lunches.

Perhaps we shall bump into each other at a Phoenix meet somewhere!
                      Cynthia

Comment

Originally posted by nutshell View Post
                        Not a member of Phoenix but I have joined The New Companion Club and been on a week's holiday to Cornwall. I really would recommend anyone on their own to join one of these groups as we had such an enjoyable time. It's good to do your own thing once in a while but its not a lot a fun always sightseeing on your own.
                        Hi nutshell, just wondered if you were away in Cornwall on a meet where I was. I've spent a few weeks in Cornwall with the new companions this summer.
                        Regards, Robinjim.

Comment

I did a Scottish tour for 3 weeks with the new companions some years ago . sit around 9 am and plan the day, going off in cars together exploring ..NO DOGS allowed !!! leave them in the van !!!! OK different groups may have different rules.not for me and Buzz..also lots of Meals out . becomes v expensive every night out .
                          BuzznDave

Comment

At Phoenix and New Companion meets I have found the dog owners tend to congregate separately as we know we can only go to 'dog friendly' places. As for eating out, I can usually only stretch to one restaurant or pub meal during my outing without my budget straining at the seams. However I have never been made to feel awkward about not eating out every night. The ethos of both clubs is very much 'do your own thing - if you don't want to or can't join in, we won't think any less of you'.
                            Cynthia

Comment

No experience of Phoenix . With the new companions .WE had 1week in Cheshire early April. ...Then 3 weeks in Scotland . the coldest June on record and wettest !....There Scottish Tour lasted 5 months . with the same people .who mostly traveled together all summer as the had let there houses out they went to Spain for the winter . dogs Were Not allowed at the morning meet . most went off together in cars for the day No dogs .and were told to pay the driver for the petrol in the Rules ....they played cards most evenings No dogs . Some of us with dogs went off together.from memory only 3 with dogs I also minded some dogs ... There were couples there as long as they traveled in separate units . this was allowed ... ..I was not made to feel awkward. I was told what the rules are....a good 3/4 of that group had been travelling around together for a few years ..When I met them in England it was just as you outlined..we went of together every day with dogs even days out by train. and dog friendly eaterys.
                              BuzznDave

Comment