Clear All

• Dave and Pat
    replied
    Riff look on there web page click Program it shows the meet s

Leave a comment:

• Caz
    replied
    Ha ha - me too.

I can't remember if it was the Phoenix Club or the New Companions but I joined one of them a few years ago. I never did get to any of their meets and they never contacted me to tell me when renewal was due so my membership lapsed. When I remembered it had run out I contacted them and they said I had to send them a cheque they would send me an application form and I could join again. It was all so much faff I didn't bother.

Leave a comment:

• Riff
    replied
    I'd not heard of this, but it could be of interest, though I don't like the idea of having to send them a cheque to join. That's just too much bother in a connected world.

Leave a comment:

• Dave and Pat
    replied
    Just go to a site you will meet campers ,go to a small motor home meet and meet campers next one is down south this month.

Leave a comment:

• Lescut
    replied
    I have just purchased my My Venture RIo ..I camp alone but would like occasionally to meet up with other campers..never heard of phoenix...is there any activity in the Norfolk Suffolk area ?

Leave a comment:

• Dave and Pat
    replied
    Well said doog that is what I was thinking but did not say so because its a forum not a camping club I was told.and the post was about "The phoenix" club

Leave a comment:

• doog
    replied
    so is this one Dave !!

Leave a comment:

• Dave and Pat
    replied
    Talking to friends the club is good if you want to join in with a group and camp explore walk travel eat together.

Leave a comment:

• Dave and Pat
    replied
    No experience of Phoenix . With the new companions .WE had 1week in Cheshire early April. ...Then 3 weeks in Scotland . the coldest June on record and wettest !....There Scottish Tour lasted 5 months . with the same people .who mostly traveled together all summer as the had let there houses out they went to Spain for the winter . dogs Were Not allowed at the morning meet . most went off together in cars for the day No dogs .and were told to pay the driver for the petrol in the Rules ....they played cards most evenings No dogs . Some of us with dogs went off together.from memory only 3 with dogs I also minded some dogs ... There were couples there as long as they traveled in separate units . this was allowed ... ..I was not made to feel awkward. I was told what the rules are....a good 3/4 of that group had been travelling around together for a few years ..When I met them in England it was just as you outlined..we went of together every day with dogs even days out by train. and dog friendly eaterys.

Leave a comment:

• CyberCynth
    replied
    At Phoenix and New Companion meets I have found the dog owners tend to congregate separately as we know we can only go to 'dog friendly' places. As for eating out, I can usually only stretch to one restaurant or pub meal during my outing without my budget straining at the seams. However I have never been made to feel awkward about not eating out every night. The ethos of both clubs is very much 'do your own thing - if you don't want to or can't join in, we won't think any less of you'.
    Cynthia

Leave a comment:

• Dave and Pat
    replied
    I did a Scottish tour for 3 weeks with the new companions some years ago . sit around 9 am and plan the day, going off in cars together exploring ..NO DOGS allowed !!! leave them in the van !!!! OK different groups may have different rules.not for me and Buzz..also lots of Meals out . becomes v expensive every night out .

Leave a comment:

• Robin
    replied
    Originally posted by nutshell View Post
    Not a member of Phoenix but I have joined The New Companion Club and been on a week's holiday to Cornwall. I really would recommend anyone on their own to join one of these groups as we had such an enjoyable time. It's good to do your own thing once in a while but its not a lot a fun always sightseeing on your own.
    Hi nutshell, just wondered if you were away in Cornwall on a meet where I was. I've spent a few weeks in Cornwall with the new companions this summer.

Leave a comment:

• CyberCynth
    replied
    Hi Shell1001 and other enquirers about the Phoenix Club. I am a member but haven't been to any of their meets since Christmas. Not that I don't want to go, just seem to have so much else to do! I enjoy camping on my own but there are occasions when it's nice to have some company. If you have joined you should be getting a newsletter, listing all the meets and rallies. There are normally meets going on all over the country - or countries, as of course plenty of meets and tours of Scotland and Wales as well,
    plus the West Country. During the winter there are fewer meets but there are get togethers for pub lunches.

Perhaps we shall bump into each other at a Phoenix meet somewhere!
    Cynthia

Leave a comment:

• Shell1001
    replied
    Yes Graham, I did intent to join the Phoenix group for people who camp alone.
    Not quite sure how I got it wrong. Probably a senior moment lol.
    Regards
    Shell.

Leave a comment:

• Graham
    replied
    Hi Shell, I’m not sure whether you are meaning joining in with our group or the Phoenix Club.

If you want to join one of our meets check out the “Fancy Meeting Up” section.

The Phoenix Camping Club are nothing to do with us although we have several members who also belong to that club.

Leave a comment: