Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Single Traveller

Originally posted by Graham View Post
    I feel a bit sorry for this section of the forum it hasn't had any posts since we moved to the new forum, yet I know we have quite a few lone campers on here.

So come on has anyone got anything to say about solo camping, any tips you can pass on, we want to hear from you.
    Hi there - I'm the proud new owner of a Romahome R40 and have been away with family and friends. Met a lady up at Whitley Bay who is looking to link up with other solo motorhomers. I'm hoping to go to Shepton Mallet Show in September - anyone fancy joining me? Then planning to go to Baltic Wharf for a few days - if I can get a booking!

I'm off down to the Dordogne next Thursday with a friend staying at several sites along the way and then visiting my ex-boss who has a house near Sarlat. Then travelling back on my own so hope I don't get lost.

Hope to hear from some of you!

Chris

Good to hear you are making good use of your van, Not sure what I will be doing just now but I could well pop to SM , meanwhile I'm off to Malvern No doubt I will see you around - take care.

Comment

Originally posted by churst View Post
      .... I'm hoping to go to Shepton Mallet Show in September - anyone fancy joining me? Then planning to go to Baltic Wharf for a few days - if I can get a booking!Chris
      Hi Chris, and welcome to the forum . You will find lots of friendly helpful ppl here.

You should find several Roma's at Shepton Mallett as the Love Travel Club is planning a meet there. Love Travel is run by a Romahome dealer. I'm not sure if we are going as it is the same weekend as Swanage Folk Festival that Songbird always goes to as a day tripper. I'm trying to persuade her to miss it this year, but we also have Care arrangements to make when we go away and it's a bit close to a week away already arranged. Ann

Comment

solo travelling

Hi,
        I'm interested that you met up with someone at Whitley Bay who is looking to find someone to go solo travelling. Please could you suggest she contacts me on this site as I live very near and find that few travellers venture this far north. At the moment I can only go away for a few days at a time but would be interested if anyone is thinking of going to Scotland Lakes etc.

Jill S

Comment

Hi there!

Comment

solo travelling

Hi All,

Nice to see more posts from single travellers. If you are up here in sunny Scotland I might be able to meet if it's one of the weekends I'm on my wee adventures. If not, I can probably recommend places where it's safe and ok to be on your own. I've camped in tents as well as motorhomes on my own and had a great tme so please don't be put off.

Happy travels,

DJSooz.

Comment

Solo travelling

I'm a single traveller and new Romahomer (C15). I live in Falmouth in Cornwall (lucky me!) so if anyone is coming this way let me know and maybe we could meet up.

Comment

Originally posted by jayjay View Post
                Hi there!
                Hi Jill,
                I may be poking my nose in, but Pam Park, contributor tothis Forum and also a solo trvaveller, lives not too far from you near Newbiggin. She does though have a Romini, not a motorhome.
                Jim.
                P.S. I must have hit the wrong "quote" button. The Quote was supposed to be yours!
                Last edited by Twolitre; 06-09-2010, 15:17. Reason: Error
                Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

solo camping

Originally posted by Jill S View Post
                  Hi,
                  I'm interested that you met up with someone at Whitley Bay who is looking to find someone to go solo travelling. Please could you suggest she contacts me on this site as I live very near and find that few travellers venture this far north. At the moment I can only go away for a few days at a time but would be interested if anyone is thinking of going to Scotland Lakes etc.

Jill S
                  I don't live far from you either.As Jim(twolitre) pointed out

Pam
                  Last edited by pamsicle; 06-09-2010, 21:17. Reason: to add to

Comment

Originally posted by Pam Park View Post
                    I don't live far from you either.As Jim(twolitre) pointed out

Pam
                    Pleased you did not chew me off Pam.
                    Jim
                    Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

solo camping

Originally posted by Twolitre View Post
                      Pleased you did not chew me off Pam.
                      Jim
                      that's ok Jim. I'd commented on the post before I read what you said, so I edited it to add your name.

Pam

Comment

single travellers

Wow!! There's more of us out there than I hoped for!
                        I would love to meet up with fellow single travellers as I have been a lone tent camper for some years.
                        Just got my first Romahome and I'm really looking forward to using it as much as possible. :so happy:

Comment

Hi Mari

There is hundreds of solo campers... me included .. when the kids let me ..
                          I make occasional visits to reality, but I'm not a full time resident
                          http://minimouseandmilos.blogspot.com

Comment

Me too, unless you count the dog.

Comment

I'm a solo camper too and love the freedom this brings!

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X