No announcement yet.

Senior Citizen going Solo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wassa madda Jim? The TT bikes would be doing 120mph up there.
    My first endeavour to follow you on Street View gave me a route via Dover and Calais to Holland and takes 9 hours and 8 minutes in current traffic conditions.
    Then I realised I had one too many A's and one too few S's.
    The one you took to Mass looks very nice, a wide open lane. Or at least, enough room with no hedges each side. One lane we went down earlier this year was so narrow the hedges each side pushed our door mirrors back into the doors. That's the sort of thing that makes you wish you had a panel van conversion rather than a coachbuilt. Then you think well I had better go and get one of those SatNavs that you can put your vehicle dimensions in thus avoiding narrow lanes.
    So I went to Halfords and got a U2 SatNav.
    I'll have to return it though, because I Still Can't Find What I'm Looking For, and The Streets Have No Name.
    suivez l'aventure

Comment

Originally posted by gasgas View Post
      Wassa madda Jim? The TT bikes would be doing 120mph up there.
      My first endeavour to follow you on Street View gave me a route via Dover and Calais to Holland and takes 9 hours and 8 minutes in current traffic conditions.
      Then I realised I had one too many A's and one too few S's.
      The one you took to Mass looks very nice, a wide open lane. Or at least, enough room with no hedges each side. One lane we went down earlier this year was so narrow the hedges each side pushed our door mirrors back into the doors. That's the sort of thing that makes you wish you had a panel van conversion rather than a coachbuilt. Then you think well I had better go and get one of those SatNavs that you can put your vehicle dimensions in thus avoiding narrow lanes.
      I'll have to return it though, because I Still Can't Find What I'm Looking For, and The Streets Have No Name.
      Seems to me you were further off track than I was. I never got within 300 miles of Dover. Never mind Calais!

Jim.
      Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

Originally posted by gasgas View Post
        lol.....I have a Bon Jovi Sat Nav: no matter how far I drive it just keeps telling me I'm halfway there. (I'll get me coat lol)
        "Take nothing but pictures. Leave nothing but footprints. Kill nothing but time"

Comment

in England I tend to pay for campsite if alone...in Scotland much easier to find a good place whether alone or not. I have a few places in my "wild camp memory" ie in my mind...where I am happy to camp alone and feel safe

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
          Working...
          X