phoenix group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

phoenix group

Hi have just returned from a wonderful few days at the CCC site at Lynton. I realise this site gets mixed reviews but for me it was perfect for a short stay. Walked from the site down to Valley of the Rocks and then into Lynmouth. The views from the coast path were stunning but of course we were very lucky to have beautiful weather.

While chilling out on site a very pleasant lady came over for a chat and asked if we had heard of the Phoenix single campers group. I know that some of our members have joined this group and wonder what their experiences have been at their meets. I think when you are a single camper it is probably worth have a few options open rather than rely on the same friends/ groups all the time so may consider joining.

Lizzie

Phoenix group

P.S. I did of course extol the virtues of small motorhome camping during our conversation!

Comment

Hi Lizzie the phoenix group sounds worth a try. Sometimes it would be good to join others for a walk instead of going it alone when all the couples go off together.I might well give it a try,thanks for that.I'm pleased you liked Lynton i must say i've heard mixed reviews but will give it ago as it's not to far from me. Happy camping

Comment

Is the 'lift' up the cliff from Lynmouth to Lynton still operating? Brings back childhood memories of holidays in South Devon.

We went every year and stayed with family friends. One vivid memory is of being dressed [I was about 3] by the car and my swimming stuff being put on the roof of the car whilst said operation was carried out. My dad then drove off with my bathers still on the roof. I was so upset as they were my favourites and were never seen again.

The alternatives were knitted bathing costumes which I hated as when I went in the water they stretched like mad and the sand clung to the wool. They were so gross. and my mum had knitted 2 of them so I had no choice in the matter!!
        Di.

Comment

Originally posted by di allen View Post
          Is the 'lift' up the cliff from Lynmouth to Lynton still operating? Brings back childhood memories of holidays in South Devon.

We went every year and stayed with family friends. One vivid memory is of being dressed [I was about 3] by the car and my swimming stuff being put on the roof of the car whilst said operation was carried out. My dad then drove off with my bathers still on the roof. I was so upset as they were my favourites and were never seen again.

The alternatives were knitted bathing costumes which I hated as when I went in the water they stretched like mad and the sand clung to the wool. They were so gross. and my mum had knitted 2 of them so I had no choice in the matter!!
          Di.
          Hi Di,
          the lift is most certainley still working,this boy needed it.I also remember knitted swimwear,it was horrid,that and compulsory lessons at grammer school given by a really nasty swine,and freezing cold water always and eyes burning from the chlorine.It put me off for life.
          Ian
          Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

There is another group as well called the New Companions as well that I have heard of Lizzie.

Comment

Originally posted by zoe1zoe2 View Post
              Hi Lizzie the phoenix group sounds worth a try. Sometimes it would be good to join others for a walk instead of going it alone when all the couples go off together.I might well give it a try,thanks for that.I'm pleased you liked Lynton i must say i've heard mixed reviews but will give it ago as it's not to far from me. Happy camping
              Love the sound of this..

Comment

I'm a member of the new companions and have done a few holidays with them. This year I toured Southern Ireland with some members and had a great time.

Comment

New Companions

If anyone is interested in joining the New Companions, the membership secretary is Joyce Laird.
                  Contact details,
                  [email protected]

I am a member of this group
                  Last edited by Ian.C.S; 29-11-2011, 22:31.
                  Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X