Safety when solo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Doblo7 View Post
    Caz: I rather think we have no choice in these matters and you may find that your dogs have got there first!

Paul.
    No, I meant I will give up camping in the afterlife! Quite a few of my dogs are there already - I wonder if they have met up, and get on?

Comment

People wander around trying door handles on houses ,vans ,sheds .on the chance of nicking some thing. insurance firms love them they do not pay out. do not worry about the after life you will be safe behind those pearly gates
      BuzznDave

Comment

I've always fancied a Viking funeral ... so should I expire and be discovered quietly decomposing inside my van, it would save a lot of mess, grief, admin, hygiene problems and would sort of meet my wishes half way, if the mourners (if there are any!) could bring some petrol, kerosene, Diesel and kindling with them, knock in a window or two, chuck in the flammables and toss in a match. What a way to go! I will have long departed to another place so it would be of no consequence to me!

Comment

I would happen a lot sooner where you are me thinks
          BuzznDave

Comment

Originally posted by Empyrean View Post
            Living alone I’ve linked my Alexa to my daughter’s so if I fall down the stairs or whatever, I can just shout out and alert her (provided she’s at home of course!)
            Since my husband died, last November, I opted for a personal alarm wrist band. It summons help (usually medical) if something happens. At first, I was tethered to the house and garden as the system uses a landline phone. I had a fall while out walking the dog, last month (not serious) which made me contact the provider to check on an upgrade. I now have a smart watch,with GPS. It has a red emergency button that transmits the wearer's position. It can be used to call up to 10 contacts, acting as a phone.

it also tells the time.

Comment

That sounds sensible UkeLady

Comment

Originally posted by kernowjon View Post
                I think I am something of a fatalist - sooner or later the "GRIM REAPER" "ANGEL OF DEATH" or just death is going to come calling. If you believe in an afterlife - and I oscillate from believe to not believe, (you can never totally remove belief from those raised in the Catholic church), then I can think of nothing nicer than dying peacefully in my bed while away camping.

Jon
                Indeed that's true.

It's ingrained from the age of 4 or 5 to 15 or 16 so you grow up not questioning.

Doesn't bother me as I make my own choices but it still lurks there in the background

Comment

It's dying violently in my bed while away camping which bothers me kernowjon . One reason I am not keen on tents.

Comment

I like the sound of that watch UkeLady would it be possible to give a bit more info? Have looked online but tend to be designed for children!
                    Although I always have my phone when dog walking etc, that may be easier!

Comment

Originally posted by Clarina View Post
                      I like the sound of that watch UkeLady would it be possible to give a bit more info? Have looked online but tend to be designed for children!
                      Although I always have my phone when dog walking etc, that may be easier!
                      I have this one, on a contract with PPP Taking Care 365 days/24 hours per day monitoring for £23 (including VAT) Cheaper if you're VAT exempt. The only problem I foresee is that the battery life is 4 days, only when in standby mode. Pressing the alarm button takes it out of standby. There's a phone app for managing the device. I used to regularly forget to take my mobile phone out walking the dog. This watch acts as a phone, a watch, and an alarm.

Comment

Thanks for the info UkeLady i will have a look. I have a smart phone and take it when out with dog. I will get my daughter to also look at whether any smart watch might be ok.

Comment

Originally posted by Clarina View Post
                          Thanks for the info UkeLady i will have a look. I have a smart phone and take it when out with dog. I will get my daughter to also look at whether any smart watch might be ok.
                          I have to admit to being quite tech savvy. I've been using computers, in my teaching career and domestically, since the 1980s and mobile phones since the 1990s.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X