This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solo Camping anyone?

I feel a bit sorry for this section of the forum it hasn't had any posts since we moved to the new forum, yet I know we have quite a few lone campers on here.

So come on has anyone got anything to say about solo camping, any tips you can pass on, we want to hear from you.
    Last edited by Graham; 27-01-2010, 11:14. Reason: Change from lone to solo
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

I'm one.
    Planning to meet folks at Wolverley.
    Got a Nu Venture Surf

Comment

I am one as well

Comment

Graham said "has anyone got anything to say about lone camping"

Aw, shucks, buddy - has she kicked you out into the cold, then?

Mike

Comment

I'm a solo-camper - I prefer this term rather than 'lone' which sounds too much like 'lonely' which I'm most certainly not when camping!!

Right now I'm restlessly awaiting my first trip of the year: I was hoping to head to Pembrokeshire this weekend but just spotted the forecast of sleet and sub-zero temperatures once again - not good in an uninsulated, unheated tiny car-conversion.

Roll on the spring...

Comment

Originally posted by karenw View Post
            I'm a solo-camper - I prefer this term rather than 'lone' which sounds too much like 'lonely' which I'm most certainly not when camping!!
            I take you point Karen and just for you I have changed the name of this section to Solo Camping.

You can't say we don't act on feedback on this forum.
            Graham
            Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Originally posted by Yamaha View Post
              Graham said "has anyone got anything to say about lone camping"

Aw, shucks, buddy - has she kicked you out into the cold, then?
              Naw, she wouldn't do that, who would she put her cold feet on at night.
              Graham

Comment

I'm one.
                I'm one, planning to meet folks at Wolverley like Pat534, had a fantastic time meeting people at Terversal, no such thing as being lonely, yes looking forward to Wolverley very much and meeting Romies.
                Gadgetman......... (Bryan)
                'Live without regrets'

Comment

I'm another solo, but I'm not a Romie, I'm afraid, Bryan.

I'm a Tranny, or a Frisky, or an Autosleeper - take your pick, they all sound rude!

Comment

Originally posted by Caz View Post

I'm a Tranny, or a Frisky, or an Autosleeper - take your pick, they all sound rude!
                    That made me laugh.

It will be nice to see a mix of different vans at the meet, not just Romahomes.

Have you got three vans then Caz? If so which are you bringing to the meet?
                    Graham

Comment

Originally posted by Caz View Post
                      - and I'm a Roo, which sounds just as dubious!

Comment

As a solo camper (see above) I camp on my own, but never feel alone, and have never felt lonely. Those smiles, waves, chats, whether camping, cycling, or walking, see to that.

I sometimes worry that my DB feels more lonely at home when I am away in the van :ironing:
                        Last edited by aggsnrog; 28-01-2010, 15:20.

Comment

I'm solo, but also not a Romi, I used to be though!

I suppose you'll have to call me a Kippie now! LOL!!

Comment

Your never alone with a Romahome
                            Gadgetman......... (Bryan)
                            'Live without regrets'

Comment

Originally posted by Graham View Post
                              That made me laugh.

It will be nice to see a mix of different vans at the meet, not just Romahomes.

Have you got three vans then Caz? If so which are you bringing to the meet?
                              no. Only the one rustbucket. It's an Autosleeper conversion on a Ford Transit base, and the model name is Frisky. Apparently they only ever made 50 of them so I'm hoping it will become a Classic. It's the second one I've owned.

I love it most of the time - till I have to ring the RAC again, or take it into my garage.

Comment