football widow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

football widow

Hi im a lone camper and new to camping. i got fed up being a football widow last year and as i turned forty this year decided a new hobby was needed to get me out and about:so happy:
    i live on a narrow boat but needed to get away from the constant football on the tv, as there is no escape from it on a boat , so i got a little c15 champ van and ripped out the back and away i go. I even just go and sit in the back of the van and listen to music to get away from rubbish tv.... so far im loving my van.... i also love my partner but its good to have different interests

Hi Panjanda

If it were me, the tv would have been at the bottom of the canal by now! A very novel way of escaping the din! Enjoy!!

Comment

So,Hes got a young partner with an adventurous spirit,a camper van and a narrow boat!!!!

Im with Jayjay on this,chuck the TV in the cut. If he kicks up a fuss,chuck him in too.
      Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Hi Panjanda, I'm with Jayjay and Ian, happy camping, :so happy:
        Gadgetman......... (Bryan)
        'Live without regrets'

Comment

As a football supporter I am in the opposite camp, let the poor bloke watch his football, Pauline never complains when I watch endless football matches on the television..........honest.

We even have to plan our camping trips around the live matches I go to see.
          Graham
          Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Why does your hubby not use headphones? Good for him excellent sound reproduction ,making you feel like your in the crowd. Without driving you mad and you having to just get away from it for your sanity.
            Just don't try talking to him when a replay is on or a penalty is being taken

Comment

Originally posted by peterfowden View Post
              Why does your hubby not use headphones? Good for him excellent sound reproduction ,making you feel like your in the crowd. Without driving you mad and you having to just get away from it for your sanity.
              Just don't try talking to him when a replay is on or a penalty is being taken
              He he he but then Panjanda wouldn't have the excuse to go a-roamin!!

It could be worse, it could be my Dad, who has a hearing aid but won't use it half the time, so the TV is a blast of sound they can't even hear the doorbell over!

Comment

I use to go to the match with my dad to see Wolves play, I remember Billly Wright, Danny Blanchflower, no spitting, diving or mouthing off to the reff in those days, even most of the players went to the game on the bus, and they all had jobs during the week, that was before they all had too much money for wages, now wages of 250,000 a week for some , I ask you good game, good game............. sorry Graham. Come on Man City........
                'Live without regrets'

Comment

In the Mail today.........
                  A new book by Captain William Featherstone-Dawes has unearthed some fascinating photographs of the beautiful game as it was played before and after World War II. And not a hairband in sight. They evoke an era of upright heroes in baggy shorts, Brylcreemed short-back-and-sides - and wage levels that might run to a new pushbike, if you were lucky. :so happy:
                  'Live without regrets'

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X