Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lone - (ly) camping

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Lone - (ly) camping

    Originally posted by Graham View Post
    I feel a bit sorry for this section of the forum it hasn't had any posts since we moved to the new forum, yet I know we have quite a few lone campers on here.

    So come on has anyone got anything to say about solo camping, any tips you can pass on, we want to hear from you.
    At the new year I was precipitated into batchelordom again, its taking a lot of getting used to.I have camped one way and another since I was a teenager, long ago,and I have only just got my new Roma, so I am tentatively planning to camp alone in the spring, its going to be very strange after all those years as a pair.Anyone got any advice for a nervous old g*t.
    Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

    #2
    Originally posted by Ian STOCKLEY View Post
    At the new year I was precipitated into batchelordom again, its taking a lot of getting used to.I have camped one way and another since I was a teenager, long ago,and I have only just got my new Roma, so I am tentatively planning to camp alone in the spring, its going to be very strange after all those years as a pair.Anyone got any advice for a nervous old g*t.
    Hi Ian

    There are quite a few solo campers coming on the meet, why not come and make some new friends, you won't be the only solo camper.

    SEE HERE

    There's one thing about going solo, at least you've only got yourself to please, no-one to argue with (not that I EVER argue with Pauline of course, I just do as I'm told)
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

    Comment


      #3
      Hi! Plenty of singles going to the meet at Wolverley!!

      Is it camping or dating advice you require????

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by jayjay View Post
        Hi! Plenty of singles going to the meet at Wolverley!!
        ... More singles than pairs, by the look of it. Hope to avoid the runs and flushes

        What are you nervous about, Ian? I sometimes think there are one or two on site who envy me on my own. I notice that in supermarkets as well . For sure, on C&CC sites you will not be treated as a leper.

        Comment


          #5
          Ok, see you at wolverley

          Originally posted by aggsnrog View Post
          ... More singles than pairs, by the look of it. Hope to avoid the runs and flushes

          What are you nervous about, Ian? I sometimes think there are one or two on site who envy me on my own. I notice that in supermarkets as well . For sure, on C&CC sites you will not be treated as a leper.
          Thanks for the encouraging comment, see you all at the april meet.
          Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Ian STOCKLEY View Post
            Thanks for the encouraging comment, see you all at the april meet.
            Hi Ian

            I haven't got you on the list, have you booked for Wolverley? If so let me know and I will put you on the list.
            Graham
            Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

            Comment


              #7
              wolverly

              Originally posted by Graham View Post
              Hi Ian

              I haven't got you on the list, have you booked for Wolverley? If so let me know and I will put you on the list.
              no, not yet. I cannot book vacation until after April 1st. Should be OK, but we are desperately short staffed, so I must wait for approval.
              Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Ian STOCKLEY View Post
                no, not yet. I cannot book vacation until after April 1st. Should be OK, but we are desperately short staffed, so I must wait for approval.
                Hope they've still got space on the campsite then!

                When you have booked put a post on the "meet thread" and I'll put you on the list, it'll be great to meet you.
                Graham
                Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

                Comment


                  #9
                  dating advice

                  Originally posted by jayjay View Post
                  Hi! Plenty of singles going to the meet at Wolverley!!

                  Is it camping or dating advice you require????
                  hello jayjay,
                  some years ago a national newspaper(guess which one) carried out a survey of most effective chat up lines. A group of 100 young men produced over 200 chat up lines, statistically none very effective. A similar group of young women produced ONE highly effective chat up line.

                  It was....................HELLO


                  May Shivas many arms fill your pockets with good things.

                  Ian
                  Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    LOL!

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Best chat up line is "Can I buy you a drink?" - and if the pint of Guiness doesn't put them off (it is quite expensive after all) then I might be interested!

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Hi Ian - you might be better to book and then you can always cancel and they usually move it to another date for you to use - does that make sense? prob not....its a popular site - you'll enjoy it!
                        I'd let myself go but I've already gone......:D

                        Comment


                          #13
                          pint of guiness caz?? Ian - I know her, she'll settle for half but there again a pint saves the legs.....
                          I'd let myself go but I've already gone......:D

                          Comment


                            #14
                            A Pint?!!!!

                            Originally posted by marymary View Post
                            pint of guiness caz?? Ian - I know her, she'll settle for half but there again a pint saves the legs.....
                            Mary mary I make a point of never dating any woman who can outdrink me.
                            a pint! ...strewth!
                            Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              No, not just the one - I'd have to buy a drink back, so it would be at least two pints!

                              Comment

                              Loading...

                              320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

                              Collapse

                              728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X