This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ian,
    just go for it. Book it now. If you can't get time off work you can transfer the booking to another time/place.
    I am a solo camper.I used to camp with my son but when he got older I ventured out on my own. never regretted it.
    Mine's a glass of wine by the way.

Comment

its booked and its a date

Originally posted by Pat534 View Post
      Ian,
      just go for it. Book it now. If you can't get time off work you can transfer the booking to another time/place.
      I am a solo camper.I used to camp with my son but when he got older I ventured out on my own. never regretted it.
      Mine's a glass of wine by the way.
      I will be at wolverley, and your glass of wine will be my pleasure.
      I look forward to meeting you. Now, what for the American supper, a loaf of bread, a jug of wine and thou beside me neath the bough-----------?

roll on april.
      Ian
      Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

solo camper

Hi,
        I'm one of those strange solo travellers as well. Bought the van in December and its been stuck in the garage ever since - that excuse is going to run out soon. A bit terrified but have to take the plunge soon - so if you see someone looking pretty helpless : ---- well guess who that will be!
        Must get into practice for first Glastonbury.
        Mines red wine

Jill S

Comment

a jug of wine.....

Originally posted by Jill S View Post
          Hi,
          I'm one of those strange solo travellers as well. Bought the van in December and its been stuck in the garage ever since - that excuse is going to run out soon. A bit terrified but have to take the plunge soon - so if you see someone looking pretty helpless : ---- well guess who that will be!
          Must get into practice for first Glastonbury.
          Mines red wine

Jill S
          crikey, I had better lay in a small cask.
          Wolverley is going to be quite a meet, all our new faces. cant wait

Comment

Hi Ian

I started a thread on the old forum about lone women motorhomers - there are a good few - and lots of people contributed with useful information. Yes I know you're a fella, but still it might be worth you having a look in the archive collection. Can't help much with dating advice - once bitten etc etc, but there's some good stuff there about getting out and about on your own. Can't beat it, wonderful! Just need to earn some petrol money now.

Jan

Comment

Originally posted by Ian STOCKLEY View Post
              At the new year I was precipitated into batchelordom again, its taking a lot of getting used to.I have camped one way and another since I was a teenager, long ago,and I have only just got my new Roma, so I am tentatively planning to camp alone in the spring, its going to be very strange after all those years as a pair.Anyone got any advice for a nervous old g*t.
              Oh how my heart goes out to you!

I'm in the same situation, but I've been on my own for a long time. I wish like anything I had someone, the right someone to share this with, but I havent. So my son says I've got to go and strike out on my own! So I'm going to! You never know what's round the corner! You have to be positive!

I only got Daffy in November (my first motorhome) and have only been on two short trips in her. She was meant to be, I got her really cheap, but being on my own is just the pits, but I've got to not be robbed of the pleasure she can give me so I'm determined to enjoy her!

Dont be nervous! If I can do it, I'm sure you can too!

take care

Boogie

Comment

Originally posted by boogie View Post
                Oh how my heart goes out to you!

I'm in the same situation, but I've been on my own for a long time. I wish like anything I had someone, the right someone to share this with, but I havent. So my son says I've got to go and strike out on my own! So I'm going to! You never know what's round the corner! You have to be positive!

I only got Daffy in November (my first motorhome) and have only been on two short trips in her. She was meant to be, I got her really cheap, but being on my own is just the pits, but I've got to not be robbed of the pleasure she can give me so I'm determined to enjoy her!

Dont be nervous! If I can do it, I'm sure you can too!

take care

Boogie
                Hi Boogie

You have resurrected a thread that is two years old.

Ian Stockley has since blossomed from a nervous old git into a very confident old git, in fact there is no stopping him now.

I would like to think the small motorhome forum has had something to do with that. What say you Ian?
                Graham
                Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

more than I think you understand Graham.
                  It was not a hurdle I had to jump to go out and meet people,it was a vast chasm.Its not easy,the smallest rebuff can hurt like hell,I know now,having met them that others are/have walked this stoney road ahead of me, I am nowhere near the end of this road yet,but I have met some wonderful people on the way,and SMHC had a huge part to play in this.
                  Pain and loss and loneliness,fear of the future dont go away,they dwindle in size,and the new chums I have met make the journey possible.

I wish you well Boogie,I hope we meet,there are bright days ahead I now know.

festino lente my friend,and you can PM me if you need to talk to another traveller.
                  -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Maybe as time goes on,
                  The fear will go away,
                  And I won't have to live,
                  Dreading every day.

Maybe as time goes on,
                  I'll forget about the past,
                  I'll live for the moment,
                  And live each moment like the last.

Maybe as time goes on,
                  I'll learn to love again,
                  It may be to a stranger,
                  Or maybe to a friend.

Maybe as time goes on,
                  I'll look forward to each day,
                  And be happy with who I am,
                  And not just pass my life away.

k.b
                  Last edited by Ian.C.S; 14-05-2012, 22:32.

Comment

It is good to see that you have grown so much in confidence, Ian, my old pal! (Boogie - there is no stopping him now! )

Even those of us still with a partner, yearn to get out there and meet new people, make new friends, have new experiences. In my case, because work and raising a young family TOTALLY dominated my life, possibly at the cost of 'finding the real me.' Quite a few of us, more often than not, venture out alone in our little vans, often meeting up with others from this forum, or with other like-minded camping friends.

Whatever the motive, I think I can rightly say that this forum has provided many of us with a much-valued lifeline. Everyone I have met through it so far,coming from all sorts of backgrounds and life experiences, has been pleasant, and many downright fascinating.

So thank you, Graham, on behalf of all of us.
                    Carpe diem! :)

Comment

Originally posted by NomadSue2012 View Post
                      So thank you, Graham, on behalf of all of us.
                      Pauline is the one you should thank, she started this little baby, she just doesn't manage to get on here so often now but she is the brains behind it all, I'm just the front man.
                      Graham
                      Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Originally posted by Graham View Post
                        Pauline is the one you should thank, she started this little baby, she just doesn't manage to get on here so often now but she is the brains behind it all, I'm just the front man.
                        It's all the cake, Graham!!

Di.

Comment

So,someone turned the dimmer switch on me,the last set of test results were not what I was hoping for.I guess its stupid to hope when you know whats coming! Some few years ago,the old boy over the road,died all alone sitting in his kitchen,it was months before anyone found him.That scares me,although I know its irrational,after all if your gone your gone eh? The last virus infection triggered angina and arythmia again,and it kind of brought me down to earth again I guess.Im ok when Im out and about meeting folk ,chatting,laughing,work helps a lot too, night time is bad,why are dreams always about the past? pity you cant switch them off. But,summer is coming,the flowers are lovely and the birds are singing and I have meets and Rallys to come,I hope to live to 104,imagine all those springtimes and Autumns.
                          How wonderful, see you all in a greenfield somewhere,last one in buys the biccys.:so happy:

Comment

Oh Ian, sorry to hear your test results were not what you were expecting. We are rooting for you, after all who else would bring us turkey eggs? I know what you mean about night times - things always seem darkest just before dawn, however, dawn does come, and the nasties fade in its light.

Comment

Hey Ian, you aint going anywhere mate so stop thinking like that, you've got lots of SMH meets to organise and lots of folk to make happy.

Chin up.
                              Graham

Comment

typical Graham,hes only saying that `cos he cant be arsed to organise the next Spring Meet

anyway,Ive got me pitch booked at Lickhill and Im not losing out on another meet! so there!

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X