This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ian STOCKLEY View Post
    typical Graham,hes only saying that `cos he cant be arsed to organise the next Spring Meet
    You are right there, you're much better at it than me. That's what I always tell Pauline when it's time to wash the pots. "You're much better at it than me dear"

anyway,Ive got me pitch booked at Lickhill and Im not losing out on another meet! so there!
    That's the spirit mate.
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Originally posted by Graham View Post
      You are right there, you're much better at it than me. That's what I always tell Pauline when it's time to wash the pots. "You're much better at it than me dear"
      I think it was about five years after we were married that my hubby found out I actually COULD make omelettes - in those days it was the only thing he could cook, so naturally I let him think that only he could cook them! He found me out int the end, though! I'm afraid he has started using your expression too often nowadays for my liking.

Yes, Ian, you have lots more work to do on this forum yet.
      Carpe diem! :)

Comment

Originally posted by NomadSue2012 View Post
        I think it was about five years after we were married that my hubby found out I actually COULD make omelettes - in those days it was the only thing he could cook, so naturally I let him think that only he could cook them! He found me out int the end, though! I'm afraid he has started using your expression too often nowadays for my liking.

Yes, Ian, you have lots more work to do on this forum yet.
        At the roma agm I was teaching peeps to make oeufs en escalope avec fromage,using turkey eggs,its very tasty,but you need BIG eggs.
        Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

So,someone turned the dimmer switch on me,the last set of test results were not what I was hoping for...
          Sorry to hear that, Ian.

I have the same fears (the chap across the road died whilst I was on holiday, and it was 9 days before he was discovered...)and nasty night time dreams, but ultimately, we come into this world alone, and we bow out the same way! Funny enough, when I think of that happening to me, it's the dog I'm worried about!

What will be, will be. I don't believe in the saying, 'live every day as though it's your last as one day it will be' because it's impossible to party and holiday every single day, even if you had the money to do that, you'd burn yourself out! (well I would!).

Just wanted to let you know, you're not alone thinking these things!

Comment

Originally posted by jayjay View Post
            Sorry to hear that, Ian.

I have the same fears (the chap across the road died whilst I was on holiday, and it was 9 days before he was discovered...)and nasty night time dreams, but ultimately, we come into this world alone, and we bow out the same way! Funny enough, when I think of that happening to me, it's the dog I'm worried about!

What will be, will be. I don't believe in the saying, 'live every day as though it's your last as one day it will be' because it's impossible to party and holiday every single day, even if you had the money to do that, you'd burn yourself out! (well I would!).

Just wanted to let you know, you're not alone thinking these things!
            Bless you Jackie,I know your situation,as i said I know I'm not alone on this road. Like you I just plod along doing what I can,and sniffing the flowers and admiring the sky.

Comment

Hi Ian, also really sorry about your test results.
              You made my first trip out fantastic - Norfolk sort of rainy- remember?!

I really appreciated that and like so many others who've sent you a message you have a friend in me too - really looking forward to seeing you again in Chedder Gorge.. Shall I bring the big eggs? did you say Ostrich eggs?

I've been on my own a long time - even so the motorhoming is still a challenge, but if I can meet up with you lovely people then it's the pleasure it should be rather than the daunting thing that it could be.

Will see you soon.

Take care

Angela

Comment

Hi, Ian,
                Have only just 'cottoned on' to this thread and am very sorry to hear about the results not being what you'd want. If you're up for it (and I think you are) theres enough to keep you busy around here, for ever! Theres next years big meets to finalise (then we can send you slowly bonkers with special requests etc) and don't forget our pact about your acquisition of a new R20 in a few years time, that I'll be ready to buy from you in about seven years time (didn't we shake on that at the AGM??)
                Look forward to seeing you in a field soon.
                Andy

Comment

Hi Ian,

You hang in there, you've got plenty more days camping left ahead of you! Anyway you can't go until I have met you as you made me so welcome when I first joined the forum.

Fears I know about, my new partner is extremely ill and so there is never a moment when I am not worrying at the moment, particularly at night and boy those nights seem long!

Anyway just remember you are not alone and everyone here is thinking about you and wishing you well.

See you very soon I hope

Ann & Rosie

Comment

Its the second of two things I love in the morning,good strong coffee,and that elevating taste of the milk of human kindness.You lot keep me out of a very bad place.thankyou.
                    I am at Bognor just for the weekend,and spent most of today sitting in the sunshine by the river,surrounded by loads of really tiny baby rabbits,too new to be shy,one was playing with my shoelaces. I dont know how to express how happy it made me!

I think these babes are too small for KarenW to be interested,she only likes them when they hit 200 pounds weight these were about 2 ounces.

Comment

Originally posted by MsWanderer View Post
                      Hi Ian, also really sorry about your test results.
                      You made my first trip out fantastic - Norfolk sort of rainy- remember?!

I really appreciated that and like so many others who've sent you a message you have a friend in me too - really looking forward to seeing you again in Chedder Gorge.. Shall I bring the big eggs? did you say Ostrich eggs?

I've been on my own a long time - even so the motorhoming is still a challenge, but if I can meet up with you lovely people then it's the pleasure it should be rather than the daunting thing that it could be.

Will see you soon.

Take care

Angela

I look forward to seeing you again Angela, roll on Cheddar, fancy a look round the caves?

Comment

Originally posted by andyvan View Post
                        Hi, Ian,
                        Have only just 'cottoned on' to this thread and am very sorry to hear about the results not being what you'd want. If you're up for it (and I think you are) theres enough to keep you busy around here, for ever! Theres next years big meets to finalise (then we can send you slowly bonkers with special requests etc) and don't forget our pact about your acquisition of a new R20 in a few years time, that I'll be ready to buy from you in about seven years time (didn't we shake on that at the AGM??)
                        Look forward to seeing you in a field soon.
                        Andy
                        if I dont make retirement I will leave you this one in my will......................maybe

Comment

Originally posted by Pallingham View Post
                          Hi Ian,

You hang in there, you've got plenty more days camping left ahead of you! Anyway you can't go until I have met you as you made me so welcome when I first joined the forum.

Fears I know about, my new partner is extremely ill and so there is never a moment when I am not worrying at the moment, particularly at night and boy those nights seem long!

Anyway just remember you are not alone and everyone here is thinking about you and wishing you well.

See you very soon I hope

Ann & Rosie
                          Im not going anywhere until we have met, best wishes to your new partner,may the recovery be swift.

Comment

Ian, you have so many friends here and we're all routing for you. Don't let the 'black dog' sit on your shoulder for too long, send him else where.
                            During those long hours before dawn get up and make a cup of tea and think of us... that's enough to send any 'black dog' howling away!

Di.

Comment

I am sorry to hear your news, Ian. I am very pragmatic about life, if you wake up in the morning, that day is gifted to you. There are no guarantees for any of us! Carpe diem!

You are a lovely man and you were very kind to us when Aud had her op. One of the pleasures I look forward to when we come for a meet is an Ian Hug - I'd put it in the top three of Best Hugs In the UK, in fact, I can't think of a better one so that makes you No 1

Love to you,

Barbara Anne and Audrey!
                              xx

Comment

Hi Ian

Thank you for your good wishes, not good news today but we are trying to remain positive and plan our camping trips

Ann & Rosie

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X